3,312 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 5 November 2017

My 12 year old son and I spent a week at this hotel while working in the area.

The rooms have had a refit it seems a few years ago but its one of those situations where they decided to leave behind some of the old furniture which always stands out like a sore thumb.
I didn't think I'd see a 4:3 SDTV again but here we are in 2017 and there it was in our room.
In the bathroom they left the old taps which have lots their plating. The mirror above the sink has lost its reflective properties on the edges. The shower has a hydromassage unit but the water pressure is so low its useless. As you can see from the pics the tiles around the small mirror are cracked and broken. The ceiling tiles are more suited to an office. This is supposed to be a 4* hotel, right?

Moving on, if you have children travelling then I'd give this hotel a miss. While we were there the dinner menu was a choice of three dishes for each course and a starter buffet. There wasn't a kids menu and the meals available were not the kind of dishes you would give to a child.
They were also very inflexible. One evening they had a pasta dish with macaroni, cream, sausage and truffles. We asked if they could a make simple tomato sauce for the pasta and add some of the sausage they were using in the other dish. A flat no. We also asked if they could take slice of the beef which was also on the menu and fry it in breadcrumbs. Again no. We thought this was very strange and very inflexible.

Quite often in reviews people complain about places they have stayed and the owners reply saying why didn't you say something. Well I did. I asked to speak to the manager and to his credit he agreed in a meeting to make a ragù pasta dish and fry some meat in breadcrumbs but should I really have had to go that far? I don't think so.

I also asked about the TV but nothing was done. I think that some rooms have a modern TV. A family on the 5th floor has a flat screen on the wall. We were on the 3rd.

They have a Spa but if you have kids they can only use it from 9-12 in the morning. However due to our special circumstances I managed to get the spa manager to let my son and I use the pool and have a massage in the early evening. Thank you!

Every day we had to leave early to go to work, around 6am but the hotel put out some food for us and other colleagues so we could have a bit of breakfast before we left. But there was no-one to clear the tables so every morning we had no where to sit.

Anyway all in all I'm afraid I cannot recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank nickdring
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

Regarding the website agents, this hotel is ranked as 4 stars hotel. However, you will one star down at your visit. I am not satisfied with the quality of the hotel at all.

Good points
- room is big and clean
- may be in a good location

Bad points
- no view if your stay at 1st or 2nd floor. My view is a parking space (please request to change if it is possible)
- amenities is very limit (2 bottles of all in one shower /shampoo / conditioner; no toothbrush and toothpaste)
- additional cost of indoor pool and spa
- no fitness center (very disappointed)
- room is run down and old furnished (tv is abt 20")

If i come as the honeymoon couple, please avoid this hotel. It is good for business travel, family short trip, or no choice available.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 October 2017

This is a nice hotel located in Chianciano Terme which is close to the Brunello and Vino Nobile wine making regions. Rooms are nice size and clean. Restaurant provides a buffet breakfast with a wide variety of items. Spa with indoor pool is available (for cost) and looked very nice. Only concern we had was that sound travels in this hotel (thin walls?) and we could hear the people in the room next to us, walking above us, and the band from the bar below us.

Room Tip: Avoid second floor room above the lounge area as music from the entertainment at night can be quite loud.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

For a thermal spa hotel it has all required for a relaxing weekend....spa, affordable treatments (although see other review for details), outdoor pool, king size bed, big buffet breakfast, friendly staff.... even live music could he heard from from our relaxing balcony but it was the small things that left me a little disappointed...like for our arrival drinks, there was only one waitress working the outside pool bar and tables therefore 2 wines took a while to come and the bar was a mess with used glasses etc. Then everyone's nightmare...after a great weekend...to see your final bill with the charge of two NON alcoholic drinks charged the same as alcoholic! If I knew that, I would have got my moneys worth. Especially after my 50 minute pedicure only ended up 35 mins. Just a few minor things and the weekend would have been perfect.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AlicefromAustralia
Reviewed 6 June 2017

No A/C in 85 degree weather. We asked them to turn on the A/C and they said there is no A/C in the hotel until June 1st even though their website clearly specified there is A/C when we booked. It didn't say "Air conditioning available starting June 1". If we knew there was no A/C, we would NOT have booked this hotel. We tried to leave and book another hotel however, we ended up staying because we were not sure if we could get a refund since we booked through a third party. After an hour of arguing with them, they changed our room (to a supposedly breezier room when the windows were opened) and gave us a small fan that didn't help much. When we asked them to sign a statement (that we wrote) that stated that there was no A/C until June 1st, Giovanna (who was the only person that spoke English) said she would be happy to bring it to her manager to sign it. She came back 10 minutes later and said the manager had already left for the day and wouldn't be back until Monday, in which we would already be gone. Giovanna, we aren't idiots. Please don't treat us like one. If your manager does not feel comfortable signing it, we understand. Don't lie and say your manager left for the day and then change your story and say your manager actually doesn't feel comfortable signing it. Your manager was clearly there hence why you took the statement to him/her to sign it in the first place.

Some other issues are listed below with photos attached.
- Room smelled of urine and feces
- Small mirror in restroom missing
- Shower head missing
- Restroom fan not working
- One of the restroom lights not working
- Restroom door missing lock
- Hallway light not working
- Drape control not working
- No hot shower water. When we called to let them know about this, they said they would look into it and never called back to provide an update. From reading the other reviews, they already know about this issue.
- Wifi not working on second day

Would never book again or recommend this hotel. There are so many other hotels in the surrounding area.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends