All reviews tuscan countryside beautiful location deluxe room la villa restaurant olive trees leading hotels of the world an array pasta wonderful spa five star hotel amazing hotel rolling hills a special place surrounding vineyards club sandwich minute drive wine shop
Reviewed 30 September 2018

Firstly the location is beautiful and on arrival was made feel welcome immediately. Luggage was collected at car and taken to our room. No welcome drink or water was offered. Not offended by that but I have stayed at places half this good that actually offer you cold drink. However in our room we were provided with a complimentary bottle of the estates own red wine. The bed was big with a hard mattress that was great to sleep on. Bathroom had a lovely bath and good shower. The room was great. We had food in the restaurant the first night which was not bad. I however to think the prices are too high for the quality of food provided and the menu was limited. We had breakfast included for our 7 day stay. The breakfast spread was adequate but again I have had better as hotels half the cost. Italians are supposed to be known for their coffee. Not at this hotel. Coffee was poor. Please give your guest fresh coffee from a machine. Hot breakfast was fairly poor with my scramble eggs not being great and note this hotel does not have sausage. We also spend one or two days at the pool side. It was at times impossible to get hold of a staff member for a drink. This however is not the case with "Virgil" as a special mention who was an amazing host during the week and went out of his way to ask us regularly if we would like a drink or we could be assisted with anything. Another slight annoyance was the main gate where you had to be buzzed in if you left the hotel. I was annoyed once or twice coming back from dinner or lunch where Italian staff wanted to have a conversation with me at the gate when all I wanted was to actually get onto the premises. Might be worth issuing guest with a gate key to make this a simpler process. It sounds like I don't have anything good to say and that is not the case. I had a relaxing holiday with the area around being really pretty and the weather was good. However the reason for my poor star rating of 2 goes to the checkout experience. We were overcharged by at least €600. We paid the full amount and reviewed the bill during lunch. We returned after lunch to pick up our bags to head to the airport and made reception aware of the overcharge. After a discussion or mix up on their or British airways side they agreed we were overcharged. However there is where the unpleasantness reared its ugly head. They could not simply just charge it back. They would have to transfer the money back to my account like some third world banking system. Don’t have an issue with that if it actually gets done. Hence the reason I waited to leave my review. It’s a week later and still no refund has been processed. I did phone 4 days later to see how that was progressing. Here is unfortunately where the work ethic comes into play. I got fobbed off and told that the only person that can do the refund is on holiday and they were not even sure when this person will be back. That response broke the Camel’s back for me. I can’t recommend this hotel if you are looking for a relaxing time. You might end up spending more time convincing staff members to actually do their jobs. Your money is better spend elsewhere.

Room Tip: We had a room on the second floor. I would opt for a top floor. We had people above us getting up at 7:00 so not more sleep after that.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

Entering the villla with its beautiful cypress lined driveway is like being in a picture perfect fillm setting. Exactly how Toscana is in my mind. Check in was quick, and good and she assisted us with our restaurant reservations. A welcome drink? None... Would be better if there is, after our long drive, would be a refreshing welcome but thats fine. The room is lovely with a large bathroom and kurkidjan toiletries, Lovely smell. Breakfast is nice amd well served outdoors. Friendly service and accomodating. The grounds are good for walking amd the outdoor pool is perfect. The indoor pool and spa area is a plus, when the wind gets colder its nice to relax inside. It gives us a homely villa feeling in a gorgeous country setting , great food amd good service. A Tuscan indulgence.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2018

Our 3 night stay at L'Andana was truly amazing. It's hard to put into words how great this hotel is, because any description will not do it justice. It is truly a world-class hotel and worthy of 5 stars, if not more. It is definitely expensive, but you get more than your money's worth.

It all begins and ends with the staff, who are just incredible. Starting with a few weeks before, I emailed the concierge team, who helped me come up with plans for our anniversary. They helped coordinate a picnic, an e-bike rental and dinner reservations at La Trattoria Enrico Bartolini. The day of, we reconsidered the picnic dishes, and they were more than happy to customize whatever we wanted off the menu. They also sent a complementary bottle of wine to our room that day as a kind gesture. In between, the front desk was so kind and helped us with anything we needed.

Next, the room was great. We had a deluxe room with a mezzanine area, which was very convenient as a sleeping area for our young son. The room was very nice, the bed was comfortable and the bathroom was very large.

Breakfast was also included and the selection was outstanding. They also could make just about anything hot a la carte. Really, no request was too difficult for this team. We had lunch one day in La Villa restaurant and it was also good.

The only other consideration for some might be location, as the property is about a 10 minute drive outside Castiglione della Pescaia and therefore not walking distance. We did not find this to be a problem, as we found parking quite easily (hint, need to get in before dinner time) and didn't mind the drive.

Overall, this is the perfect hotel when celebrating a special occasion or if you just want to treat yourself. Yes, you will pay up for it, but you will actually feel like you actually got full value - it's that great. We would 100% stay at L'Andana again if we return to Castiglione and would highly recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: the deluxe room with mezzanine is great for children as you can use the mezzanine as a quasi-bedroom
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
LAndana_Hotel, Direttore at L'Andana, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Dear bssc81,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us and for your wonderful review, you managed to get a big smile out of me!

I am delighted to read that you had a remarkable stay with us especially because you chose our beautiful property to celebrate your anniversary. Our philosophy is to make each of our guest feel special throughout their stay with us, starting from carefully planning the experience weeks before the arrival in order to build "unforgettable memories".

Also I am very glad you did appreciate our beautiful rooms and our stunning facilities but above all I am delighted that you did appreciate our smiling and professional staff, we love what we do: make our guests feel happy!

Once again thank for choosing L'Andana for such an important event, we all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another unforgettable experience.

Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

The hotel location is extremely beautiful and the facilities and service are top class. The spa pool is great to relax by and the recommended beach club is excellent and a breeze to reserve. Breakfast in the garden is a real pleasure and all the staff are highly professional.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
LAndana_Hotel, Direttore at L'Andana, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Dear Chloed821

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us at L'Andana, I am delighted to read that you had a wonderful stay with us.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to Tuscany for another memorable stay with us.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

We stayed as a family in a suite for one night as the hotel has a Tesla destination charger, and we were very glad we did! The driveway is gorgeous and whets your appetite for a special place; L‘Andana lived up to its promise. We were greeted in the car park and were able to check immediately that the car was charging. Our room was spacious and overlooked the gardens, our bath fitted the whole family in at once, and after jumping in the pool we were ready for dinner overlooking the olive groves. Children are well catered for and the service was attentive. Breakfast was relaxed and traditional (what can go wrong when you eat cake for breakfast?). There are two pools, one which seemed to be for kids but we weren’t told we couldn’t swim in the other, larger pool, in fact we were directed to it and the spa. This is very L’Andana - you get on with your holiday and they are there if you need them. We stayed for lunch the following day, the charm was so enveloping.

Room Tip: Die Suites sind für Familien super.
Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Dear Mlle2013,

What else we can add to your amazing review!? L'Andana is a paradise! :)

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us in Tuscany, I am delighted to read that you and your family did have a wondeful time with us! L'Andana is definitely one of those places that make you feel so relaxed and cared!

We look forward to welcoming you back for another amazing time in your "Tuscan House"!

#weloveTesla