“Tavern style eatery”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 13 October 2017

Our host in Marina Di Ravenna recommended this place a number of times so we decided to go there on Monday when our favorite restaurant in Ravenna (Ca Da Ven, read my review in case you are planning to visit Ravenna) was closed. Casa delle aie is around 30 minutes drive away from Ravenna (the speed limit is 50 km/h almost all the way which is quite annoying, but better be safe than sorry!). We arrived there after 7pm, first thing we noticed the parking lot was almost full and there was a huge line up to get inside (they open at 7pm). It goes quickly though as they have big sitting areas. Our waiter barely spoke English but I'd say it is very good sign - my wife and I always look for restaurants for locals, not tourists. They offer typical Emilia Romagna menu. It is great place to eat and watch locals. BTW... do not expect privacy there - you will be seated at big tables with other people. As I already mentioned this is a Tavern style eatery. Do not go there in case you only eat in fancy restaurants, highly recommend to everyone but snobs!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,631)

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

I was there in November, but I have visited this restaurant such a lot of times.
This restaurant is something special.
Is an old house the region use like a restaurant. It has from alla the time the same meù, the same ingredients and the same receipts.
I ate the antipasto della casa that was amazing and we have the piadina with squaquerone that was so tasty!
After we ordered the tris of primi with ragù alla bolognese.
I have never eaten a better pasta then these three.
The strozzapreti, the tagliatelle and the cappellacci are incredible.
Also the patate al forno and the grigliata di carne are very good.
And after all is very cheap.
So to come back again again and again!
Is suit for every situations . From a couple to a very big dinner with friends!

1  Thank Diletta c
Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

We love it, come here every year, it s just great! The food is amazing, you get a lot and it's cheap, what else would you want!:)

Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

I have been several times so I know what you get, However this time they gave us a disastrous meal and unsatisfactory service.
Order 4 portions of "cappelletti in Brodo" received " Passatelli" the waiter got to deal with his impolite kitchen that says... " now we made it so they got to have them" ...
Passatelli they have been twice salted , and Brodo it was missing.
Mixed Grilled meat it was partially made it at the moment rather the other part it has been made some hours before.
Meat it was greasy and indigestible.

Lots other details not worthy to mention to just say, " casa delle Aie" what's happened? Where your Romagnolo's hospitality and good traditional food it has gone?

1  Thank Class-invictus
Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

Very good cheap and real romagna flavors! Return back so many times its like home and will keep going. Just be prepare to wait in line in summer