See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I stayed at this B&B while attending my girlfriend's wedding in Cernobbio. The location was perfect to get to all of the dinners and events over the four days. Patrizia welcomed me and kindly helped me lug my huge luggage up the flights of stairs to the beautiful space she has thoughtfully appointed for guests. The room is very calming and comfortable with white linens and big comfy pillows for lounging. She has her huge colorful paintings throughout the stairwell and in the space. I loved the calming blue piece she picked for the bedroom. There are interesting art books in the room as well. The bathroom is large with a skylight has had plenty of towels and the basic toiletries one would expect. I'm tall so at times needed to duck since the ceiling slants.
Patrizia was very pleasant to speak with at breakfast. She and her two cats live below in a beautiful space with a small terrace (where breakfast is served). We shared lots of information and I found her to be a very interesting woman. I also loved her two fluffy cats!
I would highly recommend, but pack lightly!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I was in Cernobbio in June for a conference and stayed at La Stanza B & B for three nights. There was fresh fruit and water waiting in the room when I arrived, and the space was just as pictured. The wifi is included. La Stanza B&B is in a perfect location, just a few minutes walk from the centre of town and the ferry dock to Como. Patrizia was a very inviting host, and gave me excellent restaurant recommendations. The breakfast was a voucher to the little cafe next door- I had a tasty cappuccino and croissant every morning. For those who do not like climbing stairs... the room is at the very top floor of a building, there were over 80 steps up to the door of the room. I found it great exercise! If I ever return to Cernobbio I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We stayed at this B+B in Cernobbio recently. Patrizia, the owner is a quirkily eccentric artist and has created a beautiful one badroom B+B with stunning lakeside views. The room and bathroom were great, as was the welcome by the owner. We had read that breakfast was a feature of this B+B and were a bit upset that we were sent to the local cafe. However this was a great place, with amazing brioche and other breakfast goodies. La Stanza is a refreshingly good value option in a town and area that can be a rip off and disappointment. The only dwnside was the strong waft of cigarette smoke coming from downstairs. Otherwise a GEM. Try it out, eev if Patrizia doesn't speak a word of English - schoolboy French seemed to work!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chris_globetrotter60
Reviewed 4 June 2013

We spent nights in La Stanza mixing a wedding weekend with a romantic couple of days off the city. We really liked our time at there!

Patrizia, the owner, has lived for years in Paris, so she adds the french touch to every small detail. You will find every small thing that makes your weekends away easier: extra pillows, hair dryer, converter (for plugs) delicious breakfast on her beautiful terrasse and all kinds of recommendations for your time there... And she is always available and ready to help!

PS: we read on a previous review there was no shower curtain, well that has been fixed ;) !

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank S A
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Sadly let down whilst attending a wedding in Cernobbio. Having reconfirmed via email twice with the owner we arrived to find she had given the room to another couple (claiming she thought the other guests were us despite them having presented identification as required to do so in Italy). Given it was very late this left us having to find alternative accommodation which was far from ideal. The 'other' couple happened to be attending the same wedding and had heard about our predicament of the previous night. Needless to say they had also reconfirmed by telephone the day before. The place is apparently quite nice but beware you could turn up and have to find alternative and expensive last minute accommodation in a small village.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple