1,501 results
All reviews the grill jacket and tie veranda restaurant lake como floating pool best hotels in the world junior suite indoor pool old world main building beautiful hotel linen sheets tennis courts la veranda concierge desk george clooney private boat
Reviewed 26 May 2012

I went to pay a visit to see this jewel on the lake. This classic hotel feels like you are at an old world resort, you don't want to leave the premises. If you want the best room get the Cardinal suite with it's huge balcony, of course overlooking the lake. La dolce vita!

Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Creeping_Death_LA
Reviewed 23 May 2012

I loved this hotel. We had a spectacular view from our room, the gardens are gorgeous and the location is the best in Como. It only gets 4 stars because the rooms are a little tired. For what you pay here, they should at least change out the carpet every 20 years and get new curtains. I felt like I was staying at Grandmas house....

Date of stay: July 2011
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank zoenicole819
Fiume, Direttore generale at Villa d'Este, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2012

Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to learn that you retained nice memories of your last year's sejour at Villa d'Este and that you enjoyed the spectacular view and location of our property.

In regards to the room assigned that you described tired, I want to reassure that, taking advantage of our winter closure, we undergo extensive renovation of the guest rooms and facilities on a yearly base. In fact, apart the total repainting of all guest rooms and recarpeting of all public spaces, we completely renovate around 20 rooms each year out of the total 152, each one different from the others in terms of fabrics and interior decoration. Being the period of your visit in July, the peak month of the year, I presume that you have been assigned a room not among the most recently refurbished.

I hope you will have soon another chance to visit us again in the near future in order to appreciate the major renovation of last winter, among which a new sundeck by the floating pool and the updating of our sporting club in the ladies' sauna and steambath more in line with the decor of our beauty center.

Hoping you will have another chance soon to visit us again on the romantic shores of Lake Como, I remain

with kind regards

Danilo Zucchetti
Villa d'Este Hotels

Reviewed 22 May 2012

This made the second part of our honeymoon and words fail me. Sheer opulence you are treated just like royalty, we arrived to find champagne and strawberries in our suite and a card from the manager. I really can't say anything negative about this wonderful place.

Date of stay: April 2012
2  Thank stephenj969
Reviewed 17 May 2012

Beautiful Italian old fashion classic Palace set on the Como lake. You feel out in time.
A very romantic place to stay. Very relaxing.
Make sure you have a room with a view on the lake. I personally prefer to stay in the main building, where all the rooms have been refurbish in the original style. All the bathroom are in marble.
The service is excellent, the cuisine is delicious, the setting amazing. The guest are international and chic.

Date of stay: September 2011
3  Thank PIXSQUARED
Reviewed 17 May 2012

A historical place where you feel what a luxury hotel can offer. The rooms and the restaurants are great, but greater are the gardens where you can spend hours or even days in a splendid landscape.

Room tip: Ask for a "lake view" room even if it is more expensive!
Date of stay: May 2012