We choose to stay at Villa d'Este to celebrate our 26th anniversary. We wanted something very special and we weren't disappointed. We arrived early (before our room was ready) and were told to use any of the services associated with the hotel, which we gladly enjoyed starting with breakfast which was still being served to cocktails by the lake and then basking in the sun by the pool. We explored the beautiful gardens and hiked the stairs of the ruins which I highly recommend since the view is stunning. There was a wedding during our stay which made dinner extra special with an unbelievable fireworks display over the lake. The service was impeccable from every position of employment. We especially enjoyed listening to Dino Siani play in the salon off the restaurant, he was wonderful.
Our room had a wonderful view of the lake right in the center of the hotel, with an exceptional bathroom and sitting room. Definitely a 5 star hotel and then some.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the splendor, the grandeur, the intrigue and the magic of Villa d'Este- an opulent hotel overlooking glorious Lake Como. Hailed as one of the best hotels in the world by Travel & Leisure, Condé Nast Traveler and Forbes Traveler, this famous resort destination has been widely praised for its beautiful gardens, exquisite cuisine, gala celebrations, impeccable décor and extraordinary hospitality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prestigia, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Villa d'Este reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa d`Este Hotel Cernobbio
- Hotel d Este
- d Este Hotel Cernobbio
- Villa Deste Lake Como
- Villa D'Este Lake Como/Cernobbio, Italy