“Great value for money, get a seat outside”
Review of La Pigra Tinca

La Pigra Tinca
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: View, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Umbrian restaurant, fish lake, pizza, gluten free menu, terrace with lake view; seasonal opening.Ritosrante umbro e pizzeria, pesce di lago, menu per celiaci, terrazza vista lago; apertura stagionale.
Reviewed 20 July 2016

Super friendly service, menu is limited but will cater for all and features a couple of fish dishes. I had the fried lake fish selection which was good. Limited wine selection but the dry white was up to scratch.
Seating outside gives you a perfect view over the lake and the hills, especially with the sunset, the view was quite spectacular.

Reviewed 7 July 2016 via mobile

It is a great place to have dinner. Beautiful location by the lake. Stuff are so kind and the food is delicious.
Surprisingly, prices are normal, or little bit over than average at most.
For example; we gave 34 € for mixed lake fish plate (for 2 ppl), 1 portion kind of a ravioli ricotta, 0,5 lt of good wine and a big bottle of water, including 2€ service fee for each person.

I think it's normal, cause i paid similar prices to regular pizza restaurants several times.

Reviewed 10 June 2016 via mobile

I visited this restaurant for dinner with my family. The location is superb, the service is excellent with the waiters that make you feel so welcome and the food is so tasteful and fresh. I definitely recommend this place and I would love to go back and try something else.

Reviewed 18 April 2016

We visited Castiglione de Lago last week and stumbled across this lovely restaurant on the lake. It was very peaceful and quiet and the service was lovely. I had a delicious ravioli with a caprese salad. There is a little beach to the side where our children played until their food was ready. Our children loved the fish below the terrace and sneakily fed them some bread from the basket. When my spilled prosecco was replaced, the waiter topped up my husbands which was really kind. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 7 July 2015 via mobile

We had great family lunch at La Pigra Tinca. Not because of the food but because of the superb view and the fact that kids could feed fish and birds before and after the meal. Food was ok - nothing special - and service was friendly and helpful. Restaurant is only few minutes from the beach so it's great place for family lunch on a beach day.