All reviews washing machine infinity pool chianti region wine tasting one bedroom apartment dish soap sized apartment san gimignano reception staff spectacular views steep stairs outdoor furniture central location four nights upon check self contained charming town
Reviewed 11 May 2017 via mobile

We stayed six days in May, in the "small apartment" (Dario 5). It was charming and rustic, but with modern touches. Views are wonderful. The property is really beautiful and interesting, though the weather prevented us from using it much. The pool is gorgeous, but unheated, so mostly a decoration in the spring. Property location is excellent.

The bathroom was new and very good. The kitchen was equipped OK, but a weird mix of a lot of plates, but one bowl. The glasses were cloudy, so I hand-washed several for our use. There is a dishwasher, but with only two people, we didn't use it. There were no basic food supplies such as salt, pepper, olive oil, so you have to bring or buy your own if you want to cook. We didn't want to do that. We did ask about oil and salt for some salad and the front desk was very accommodating and provided it, so full credit for that. (They were always helpful and friendly.)

We did plan to use the washing machine but it broke on our first load and trapped our clothes inside. Maintenance guy came and fixed it, and the staff took our clothes and washed them, so no complaints there, just unfortunate.

The breakfast was good, but unchanged for six days. The fruit basket wasn't refreshed until our last day. Apparently the delivery folks were to blame, but we could not understand why the staff didn't visit the local market and pick up something fresh.

The WiFi was decent but required logging in and messing around with your browser to keep it connected.

Our bedroom wardrobe was really old and walking across the floor caused it to shake, rattle, and groan, annoying for my wife and probably for the folks below us. (Sorry, it wasn't our fault that we sounded like a herd of elephants!)

Staff recommended Tre Porte restaurant in Castellina in Chianti, which was an excellent place to eat.

Overall we had a very nice time and would consider staying again. It's quirky, but nice!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Borgopietrafitta, Responsabile reception at Borgo di Pietrafitta Relais, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2017

Dear Steven,
thank you for the time you dedicated to write a review on us.
It is really gratifying when our guests enjoyed their stay ! The staff can only say thank you for the beautiful words.
Thank you also for your suggestion about the accommodation and services… they are always very useful to improve our standards.

Reviewed 1 May 2017

We enjoyed our apartment at Borgo di Pietrafitta. The service was great, the continental breakfast was well done and the location was central for our planned outings around Tuscany. Beautiful, peaceful setting with wonderful gardens, outdoor furniture and a small but awesome looking pool (not filled during our April visit). Our two bedroom, three bathroom unit provided lots of room for everybody. The fireplace was perfect for one of our chilly nights. The weather during our mid April visit didn't lend itself to fully enjoying the outdoor offerings but if we were staying during the summer I would plan time to allow for eating outside, walking the grounds and using the pool.

Room Tip: Reserve a specific apartment since the bedding types and tub/shower combinations are different
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Borgopietrafitta, Responsabile reception at Borgo di Pietrafitta Relais, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2017

Dear NRBQRocks,
I always read carefully all reviews and this one of yours makes me particularly happy as it looks like you had a great time at Borgo di Pietrafitta.
I hope to see again soon.
Thank you!

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

Very nice location from where you can visit all Chianti area! Very big and comfortable rooms in very beautiful nature! The only disappointment was the breakfast. Of course there is no need to have it.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Borgopietrafitta, Responsabile reception at Borgo di Pietrafitta Relais, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2017

Dear Στράτος Μ ,
I wish to thank you for the excellent feedback on us, written after your recent stay at Borgo di Pietrafitta.
We are very sorry you don't like breakfast, we always try to select fresh local products.
Thank you for your sugestion, we are alredy thinking how to improve our offer.

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

My husband and I recently stayed at Pietrafitta during our time in Tuscany. The location was perfect for us and provided us some quiet time in our very busy holiday. We booked a one bedroom apartment as I wanted the freedom to be self contained. I was a little concerned when the booking came back as a 'small' one bedroom apartment but there was plenty of room for both of us and a lovely outdoor area as well. We found reception staff to be friendly, helpful and willing to assist in any way. The time of year we travelled was not the holiday season so there were some services such as wine tasting unavailable, and the restaurant at the end of the driveway was closed until the following week. Overall, we were very happy with our stay, the beautiful views, magnificent sunsets and song birds all around. On the downside, the bed was not particularly comfortable and the furniture could do with an upgrade. It also would have been nice to have a toaster in the room as the grill was not adequate to cook a piece of toast.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Borgopietrafitta, Responsabile reception at Borgo di Pietrafitta Relais, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2017

Dear chn61,
thank you for the time you dedicated to write a review on us.
In the booking confirmation we specify the apartment’s category you reserved to give you the possibility to verify characteristic on our website; In particular we have 4 different categories: small, medium, large apartment and independent houses.
Till the end of April we prefer to offer to our guests the possibility to enjoy the atmosphere of our main Villa and feel part of the family. In summer we move the life of the Borgo in the wine cellar where we have the chance to host more people and organize activities like the wine tasting.
Thank you also for your suggestion about the accommodation… they are always very useful to improve our standards.

Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

Very nice hotel with beautiful ancient looking rooms. They only have eight of them so it's exclusive and quiet. Breakfast is served in a room where there are enormous old wooden wine barrels on both sides of the walls. The view from the terrace is amazing and overlooking the hills of Tuscany.
We had a great beautiful room with nice classical furniture. The bathroom was huge too with a great big corner bath. Recommended if you want to spend some quiet time in Tuscany.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Borgopietrafitta, Responsabile reception at Borgo di Pietrafitta Relais, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2017

Dear Edgar V,
thanks a lot for your feedback : your words flatter us and are the best reward to our constant efforts and passion to make all our guests’ stay memorable
I hope I will see you again and I send you our warmest regards from all of us.