All reviews free wifi monte cassino balcony shower cheese abbey
Reviewed 21 November 2014

I have to stay in hotels a lot, so I have become annoyingly particular. However, I have nothing negative to say about Hotel Gari. I stayed in a double room, which was a good size, with nice view and very clean. The crisp white sheets were a wonderful welcome after a long trip. The staff were genuine and friendly and the breakfast offered many tasty choices. An excellent choice, recommended with enthusiasm.

Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 November 2014

We choose Hotel Gari whenever we cannot rent an apartment in Cassino. It is 5 years old, so everything works, like new. In our experience,in some older hotels, the wi-fi does not offer work, or is very slow. No complaints with services here. The staff all speak good English . This Hotel caters mostly to businessmen, visiting professors for the University of Cassino. There are 24 singles and 8 double rooms.
The hotel is not quite central. However Cassino is so small that from the Hotel to the main Corso/ piazza, is less than 5 minutes' walk. There is also secure parking; gated.
The rooms are not huge, just ample. The single rooms are smaller. The rooms facing the back are the best, because there is a beautiful view of the Abbey, in Monte Cassino. Also the big stream, the Gari flows by the back . The rooms facing the front would be less interesting, I think, although I had not been in one.
The breakfast is a nice feature, cold cuts, fresh corneto, cakes, fruit pies, cereal, bread, and toasts, I would call that a feast.
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Choose the rooms at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 September 2014

I originally booked this Hotel for 5 nights but had to change it to 4, due to train times & flight connection. There was absolutely no problem doing this, the Hotel was very helpful.
I tried to cost a Tour of Cassino & was quoted €176 per person for myself & my Husband, I e-Mailed the Hotel & once again they came up trumps. Private guide & Tour €170 for the 2 of us, which was actually cheaper on the day. We cannot fault the service, the staff at all. The location is fantastic if you are going to see Montecassino. Our room 105 looked out & upto the Abbey itself... Fantastic, could not ask for a better view. You are in walking distance to Pizzart, great food as well as Sir Jaspers.
The only downfalls would be: no tea or coffee making facilities in the room & no balcony furniture, however we were given an extra chair from the reception. Would go back again, the good certainly outweighed the bad.. Well done & thank you for a great time.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Family run very helpful and friendly staff. None of our party spoke italian but that was easily managed. The place was clean with AC in the rooms. Single room was small. The bathroom was fair sized and the shower was just about ok (low volume of water delivery). Breakfast was continental style with a good spread of choices. I would recommend for a one or two night stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Hotel Gari staff greeted us on arrival with smiles and were very helpful through our stay. Thank you Maura for your help and assistance when needed. Rooms were very clean with a modern decor bathroom. Our room had a balcony with views to the Monastery, also over looking the Gari River where you heard the peaceful sounds of running water. The hotel is situated next to a church and I loved hearing the bells ringing through out the day. The hotel is also situated around the corner where you catch the daily bus up to the Monastery and what a bonus if you don't have a car. Fare was adult 1 euro each way. The hotel is surrounded by cafés, restaurants, banks, ATM's and shops. What more can one ask for. Thanks so much to all staff for a memorable stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family