All reviews excellent location breakfast room on foot beautiful city very nice hotel city centre auberge car square difficulty region europe church
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

The thought of staying in the city centre is great until you’re put in a room with a window facing three bars. Considering I was working long hours and just wanted to sleep at a reasonable time, there was no chance of that happening when three different bars are playing music and still have diners until the early hours. This combined with the fact there is a bell tower going off near the hour and on the hour makes it impossible to get a good nights sleep. I did ask to move rooms every night and only on the fifth additional night after my flight was unexpectedly cancelled did I get a room indoors. Breakfast is good but if you’re too tired to eat, what’s the point of it.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
orologio_brescia, Direttore at Albergo Orologio, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

dear sir
thanks for your comment
You well know that you only last night of your stay asked the staff for shifting the room
During your stay, you never asked anyone to change the room
Onc e we received your request, we immediately did it

best regards

Andrea Maresca

Reviewed 22 May 2018

I stayed at Albergo Orologio for 2 nights in February 2018. The beauty of the place, like Europe, is best experienced in person. You get the typical charming Italian town experience and every nook and cranny around reeks of culture. Every building you see is huge, appears historical and may have its own story to tell. There is a plaza nearby, a huge library, a church with a giant clock, a couple of malls close by, and to top it all, the service is top class. You can explore the town on foot and find plenty of shops within a 2 km radius selling a lot of touristy items at a real bargain. The breakfasts each morning were phenomenal, and the croissants served here - (arguably Europe's best - yeah seriously - I travelled for 15 days across 5 countries) - alone make it worth another visit! Next time I intend to visit Italy with family and will check-in at Albergo Orologio for sure!!

Room tip: Choose floors higher up
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank abhi413
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

The hotel orologio is a very cousy ans sweet place, it does not try to be a luxury hotel and has all the needed comforts.
The room i got was beautiful with a nice view over the street , and the breakfast was reach and delitious

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 2 October 2017

Lovely hotel. The only negative is the it is very difficult to figure out how to drive a car near to it in order to unload and load luggage. We, my wife, my stepdaughter and I, had a FIAT Panda. We tried to follow the map provided by the hotel and we used GPS service, but it still required driving through the main square from its base to arrive near the hotel at the other end of the square. The square itself is mostly restricted to pedestrians, although cars are allowed in certain spots.

I parked the car overnight in a nearby underground garage in Piazzale della Repubblica. The day for departure was Saturday, which is a market day. This meant that the streets around the hotel were mostly blocked by vendors who set up their booths in the street. I ended up driving around for over an hour trying to access the square, off of which the hotel is sited, but no luck. Finally, I parked near the entrance to the underground garage where I had left the car overnight, then walked to the hotel to retrieve luggage and to fetch my wife and stepdaughter, who were waiting for me. Had I known the difficulty of accessing the hotel by car, much better to simply take the luggage to the underground garage, which is not that far away in any case, perhaps several hundred meters at most. Live and learn.

There is an excellent restaurant owned by the same proprietor as the hotel, called L'Oste Sobrio, a few meters down a nearby lane. The restaurant has no charm whatsoever physically, but the food is superb, typical of the region and inexpensive.

An odd occurrence taxed the hotel personnel a bit. My wife had taken the bag containing my laptop computer. When I looked for the bag in the hotel room, I could not find it anywhere. My wife could not remember distinctly whether she had left it outside the hotel outer door, or somewhere inside the hotel. As it turned out, she had it with her in the room, but put it behind the curtain which covers the front window that overlooks the lane on which the hotel is sited. The hotel has security cameras that the hotel personnel and I reviewed to verify whether my wife had the computer bag with her until she reached the room. She did. That indicated that the bag was somewhere in the room. The only place that I had not looked was behind the curtain and there it was, when I went back to the room to look.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2017

for us it was a perfect visit. the small hotel is exceptionally positioned. the staff is superb. the rooms are very nice with very comfortable beds. my family was very pleased. we will return for sure.

Date of stay: March 2017