“A small spot open for breakfast and lunch”
Review of Cafe' Monet

Cafe' Monet
Ranked #6 of 133 Restaurants in Bordighera
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 September 2018

Just opposite the train station this little place can be hard to find. Great food at reasonable prices. I had the grilled anchovies and grilled octopus, we shared a salad and my husband had the spaghetti vongole . The tiramisu was also very good.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank travellingcanadian_9

Reviewed 25 September 2018

If you find yourself in Bordighera at lunchtime then you should checkout this really great little restaurant almost hidden in the square in front of the railway station.
Food is exceptional and menu varies daily depending on the freshness of produce available.
Service is refreshingly efficient and friendly with both outdoor and indoor seating available.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 14 August 2018

superb food, varied quirky menu lovely ambience inexpensive BUT the Salt was in a pot that looked like Parmesan cheese leading to a mini disaster .

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 15 May 2018

Visited Bordighera at the request of my mother-in-law, who spent her honeymoon here 65 years ago! We arrived a little late for lunch, having caught the train from Nice, so really chose the first place that looked good. Another lucky find.
Had a little trouble translating the menu as none of us speak Italien, but managed to get through it with our helpful waiter who spoke very little english, but a little more french.
My mother-in-law had Angus beef and roasted potatoes which wasn't quite as British as it sounds and she said it was very good. Partner had sea bream with pureed potatoes and spinach, which was good but not quite enough. Son and I had a truly delicious stuffed artichokes deep fried in a very light batter. The desserts were excellent, tiramisu, strawberry cheescake.
It was all very good and we had a nice bottle of local white wine to go with it, light and fruity for quite a reasonable price. Not cheap, but nothing good ever is these days, but very tasty without being heavy.
I believe everything was homemade, and freshly cooked, we had to wait a while for our meals, but not too excessive a time. The menu seems to change regularly, it was all written up on a chalkboard or printed on a piece of paper and I was surprised what an extensive menu they offered.
Surroundings were pleasant and comfortable and the staff helpful.
I'm not expecting to visit Bordighera again, but if I ever do, I'd come back to this restaurant.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 24 January 2018

Stopped for Lunch on a sunny January day and were seated on the terrace. We chose from the daily menu, Octopus and tuna followed by a wonderful tiramisu .
The house white wine, Casal Di Serra, is perfect with sea food.
An Illy espresso to finish- €40 total.
We will be back!