“Lovely homecooked food”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 17 May 2018

This is a very traditional Italian restaurant. Friendly and warm like the cooking. My wife and I thought it was lovely. Lots of locals there which says a lot. Not expensive, very genuine.

4  Thank Lockhouse

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed Sunday lunch here. It was packed and deserved to be. Great food - anchovies, mixed antipasto, gnocchi with pesto , octopus with beans (delicious and delicate), rabbit. I enjoyed the Slow Food dishes in particular. Good to see Slow Food has found its way to Bordighera.

Interesting wine list.

Fairly priced. Nice atmosphere and it was good to be up in Bordighera Alta and to explore this lovely part of town.

Service was delightful. Our young waitress could not have been more helpful and she spoke good English too.

Recommended.

Reviewed 24 October 2017

Tucked away in Bordighera Alta is this great little restaurant. We didn’t believe the reviews on Trip Advisor, as they were all so good, but they were all right! It is brilliant! Good quality authentic food that is great value for money. It was little wonder that they were full on a Tuesday night in October! I had crisp fried anchovies to start, wild boar casserole as a main and good old tiramisu for a dessert. There were three of us and we shared a bottle of wine and the bill still came to less than €90. We will return!

1  Thank Rollingseas
Reviewed 20 September 2015 via mobile

Very nice service and splendid food from a not too big meny! Good wines, also from the local district. Small and cosy. Best to book in advance!

2  Thank Aake1941
Reviewed 20 May 2015

We visited this place recently on the back of other reviews; and I 'm glad we found it - the food is good, authentic Ligurian cuisine at reasonable prices.

Scribetta is one of the few restaurants open on a Monday evening when most others are closed, which is off to a good start for us. We were greeted by the chef/owner at the door and his wife showed us into the restaurant; a small but cosy room with a brick built vaulted ceiling and lined with colourful glass candlesticks and vases of big silk flowers. We were given the menu and the chef offered to translate which was useful, although he continued to hover whilst we reviewed the menu which put us under a bit of presure to order as quickly as possible.

I started with brandacujùn - a local dish of salt or dried cod with crushed potato and pine nuts which although nice, was slightly boney and not as creamy or as flavoursome as another I had recently. However it was served with little wedges of fried bread, which were a nice touch. My husband wolfed down a plate of sphagetti vongole, which you can never go too far wrong with for him.

We moved onto the next course, which for me was a wild boar stew and my husband a rabbit stew with little taggiasca olives. My wild boar came in a lovely rich sauce, although the wild boar pieces were miniscule and contained quite a few fatty bits. A guy at the table next to ours ordered the same dish a while after I'd ordered mine, and was presented with really big, hearty cubes of boar, so I can only assume I got the scrapings from the bottom of an earlier prepared dish.

Finally the pudding - we both had the twist on the traditional tiramisu, which substituted coffee and coffee liquor for lemon and limoncello - light, full of flavour and very moreish.

The bill when it came was amazing - three courses each, with a glass of wine and two bottles of mineral water was way under 50 euros - far cheaper than the much lighter lunch we'd eaten earlier.

Definitely worth a few more visits I think.

1  Thank Jane D