“Dinner”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 20 September 2015 via mobile

Very nice service and splendid food from a not too big meny! Good wines, also from the local district. Small and cosy. Best to book in advance!

2  Thank Aake1941

Reviewed 20 May 2015

We visited this place recently on the back of other reviews; and I 'm glad we found it - the food is good, authentic Ligurian cuisine at reasonable prices.

Scribetta is one of the few restaurants open on a Monday evening when most others are closed, which is off to a good start for us. We were greeted by the chef/owner at the door and his wife showed us into the restaurant; a small but cosy room with a brick built vaulted ceiling and lined with colourful glass candlesticks and vases of big silk flowers. We were given the menu and the chef offered to translate which was useful, although he continued to hover whilst we reviewed the menu which put us under a bit of presure to order as quickly as possible.

I started with brandacujùn - a local dish of salt or dried cod with crushed potato and pine nuts which although nice, was slightly boney and not as creamy or as flavoursome as another I had recently. However it was served with little wedges of fried bread, which were a nice touch. My husband wolfed down a plate of sphagetti vongole, which you can never go too far wrong with for him.

We moved onto the next course, which for me was a wild boar stew and my husband a rabbit stew with little taggiasca olives. My wild boar came in a lovely rich sauce, although the wild boar pieces were miniscule and contained quite a few fatty bits. A guy at the table next to ours ordered the same dish a while after I'd ordered mine, and was presented with really big, hearty cubes of boar, so I can only assume I got the scrapings from the bottom of an earlier prepared dish.

Finally the pudding - we both had the twist on the traditional tiramisu, which substituted coffee and coffee liquor for lemon and limoncello - light, full of flavour and very moreish.

The bill when it came was amazing - three courses each, with a glass of wine and two bottles of mineral water was way under 50 euros - far cheaper than the much lighter lunch we'd eaten earlier.

Definitely worth a few more visits I think.

1  Thank Jane D
Reviewed 4 May 2015

You will have the Italian restaurant experience that you dream of here. Very authentic and the food was incredible!

Reviewed 19 April 2015

Super lunch, great value try the Chianti reserva yum!
All home made dishes well presented and popular with locals so you need to reserve. Not on the sea front but you will not forget the authentic dining experience , cheerful deserts and a good value/quality wine list. Enjoy!

Reviewed 19 January 2015

Such a special place! Piero cooks everything himself and Patrizia is the kind and gracious face of the restaurant. This is traditional Ligurian cooking, very local--fish, wild boar, homemade ravioli. You can taste the passion that Piero has for cooking. A particularly memorable lunch started with a plate of expertly fried anchovies and progressed to a deeply flavorful beef braised in red wine. Wines are well-chosen and reasonably priced. My favorite restaurant in Bordighera!

Cozy and charming inside in the cool months, with outdoor seating in the warm. If you're visiting Bordighera, it's in the medieval section up the hill which is worth a little stroll. Easy parking in the big lot (just don't forget to draw a clock on a piece of paper and show what time you arrived on your dashboard, you can park for six hours for free) and pretty views.