All reviews ski resort lovely hotel campo smith plenty of hot water lift week
Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

I larici is a lovely hotel and reminds me of a quaint British hotel that’s got lots of character. Good location to the ski resort at campo smith just a short walk to bus stop a 5 minute drive. Town just a short walk with supermarket called express. Train station close by if you fancy a day in Turin.
Staff very helpful and friendly at hotel, sat us altogether even though we didn’t know each other but broke the ice and brought us together as a group so much so that we skied and enjoyed the holiday more than we could have imagined.
They arranged a karaoke night for us that’s how accommodating they were.
Plenty of food at meal times probably too much sometimes but good value for money,wholesome and filling , the desserts were my favourite. I would recommend the hotel on its friendliness more than anything and that’s what is important to me

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2017

We stayed at this friendly hotel on our ski holiday during the February half-term. It did not disappoint! The staff were welcoming and friendly (especially the manager, Ubaldo), the hotel itself was warm and clean. We stayed half-board and the food in general was pretty good. The dinners for the most part, were tasty and abundant (we needed the calories for skiing!). We enjoyed the different courses: antipasto, followed by course 1 (pasta or soup), course 2 (meat or fish with veg), then dessert. We particularly liked the homemade chocolate cake! Breakfasts were ample (toast, cereal, yogurt, sweet pastries). We would've liked some eggs perhaps, just to have something hot.

We didn't really have any complaints. OK, maybe the hotel could do with some updating but maybe that would take away its traditional and quaint feel.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Beres333
Reviewed 21 February 2016

Free ski bus very near but not too far to walk to Campo Smith either. Very clean & warm, lovely hot showers. Was great to have breakfast provided, then evening meal after a busy day skiing. Would definitely stay there again with my husband & 3 children!

Stayed: February 2016
1  Thank Teresa L
Reviewed 4 April 2015

The hotel.
This small but family hotel is in a great location in Bardonecchia. Not too far to walk to the Ski Lift and not far to walk in town.

We had a warm welcome and were checked in very quickly.

I am a coeliac so needed a gluten free diet, I emailed them before I went and they said no problem, and it wasn't.

Breakfast was a buffet and there was plenty to eat and as much tea and good coffee as you wanted.

Dinner - each evening you selected your dinner for the following night. The food was generally nice, but presented differently to what we have in England. Starters from the cold buffet, it was a bit weird to have cold beans and cold carrotts (whole ones) and other such vegetables, but they were fine with the massive selection of other things. Then there was the soup or pasta course. I had enough pasta to be my whole dinner! Then there was the main, this generally was meat or fish but not actually served with anything i,e no hot potatoes or rice, which would have been nice.

The only really disappointing meal was the Pizza! It was listed as a selection of pizza, but in fact it seemed to be 1 inch thick squares of cheese and tomato. The gentlemen on my table would have all preferred thin crust homemade pizza and there was non for me as the supermarket had run out of gluten free pizza. But, I was made a lovely meat and roast veg skewer, unfortunately I couldn't eat it all as I had so much starter, pasta and mains.

Desert - there were some nice ones but I was limited due to my gluten free diet. Bruna insisted I ate the fruit though and it was tasty.

As the town was very, very quiet, it would have been nice if there was a bit more of a 'bar' atmosphere at the hotel. We were never really asked if we wanted any more drinks and the fire wasn't always lit, but generally we were happy to go up to bed after dinner after a very busy day.

Drinks are put on your tab as you go along. This wasn't a problem as it was generally recorded correctly, but do check the prices of the drink as there is only tinned beer which is quite expensive. The house wine was good value though.

The room
The room we had was a good size and had a balcony and nice views.
The shower cubicle was small but the power and heat was brilliant.
The room was generally clean, but we did find someone's Crocs left under the bed! Could have been worse! There was plenty of storage space. A TV that was temperamental, and a safe which you don't have to pay extra for it. Well done il larici very sensible. Sorry, I can't find my photos to upload!

Unfortunately the walls are very thin, so if someone next door is talking very loudly or the people above you get up at 6.30am every morning, you get woken up.

There is a sauna and Jacuzzi, but these cost 15 euros each for an hour. This was disappointing, as we were sure that it didn't say that in the advertisement. You also have to pre-book.

The family
The Hotel l larici family and staff are all very welcoming and always willing to help to make the stay good. Initially my pillow was too hard, I ask for another one and they brought me two lovely soft pillows.

Would I stay here again, YES I would. We got a deal so it turned out to be good value. There were people staying at the all inclusive hotel down the road, but that only meant that they were tempted to go back at lunch time, which just took out at least an hour or so of their skiing time, their bar atmosphere was much better though and drinks were included

Room Tip: Room 9 in the main part of the hotel facing the ski area
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tiggerwendz
Reviewed 17 February 2015 via mobile

The hotel is close to the bus stop where we can catch a free bus to enjoy the mountains to ski, everything clean, the staff were good, the food is not so good, basic food and wine. When the staff wake to start the day they make a lot of noise, arounda 5 in the morning. Well, I was in thr first floor. But in general I enjoyed this place.

• Stayed: February 2015