“Friendly, casual and great Italian food”
Review of Il Vicolo

Il Vicolo
Ranked #54 of 533 Restaurants in Arezzo
Price range: USD 12 - USD 41
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

Delicious food and great service/hosts! The menu presents a diverse choice of Neapolitan seafood, meat, pasta and great Neapolitan pizza. The place to dine with the locals.

1  Thank Jacob H

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Such a lovely food and personell! This Naples family owned restaurant made exquisite Seafood pasta that we can highly recommend to even the pickiest food lovers. Viva Il Vicolo !! Hugs and kisses from Marie Schmedling de Noruega

Reviewed 1 June 2018

As my wife and I do not speak Italian, we were happy that the lady who served us, not only spoke very good English, she was also very helpful in explaining the menu, with very good selection.
We did not feel hurried into making our order, nor did we feel encourage to leave when we had eaten our meal.
We ate at this restaurant three times in our week's stay, and we enjoyed every meal.
The food was excellent, as was the service and the prices were reasonable.
I have no hesitation in recommending it to any visitor.

Reviewed 11 February 2018

This seems to be the latest hot spot in Arezzo. The menu is small, including just a few fish selections and a few non-fish items, as well as a list of pizzas, but the emphasis here is definitely on the fish. Be careful to specify the quantity of food you want, or you will end up with too much. Portions are more than generous.

Our group of four started with a plate of fresh oysters, which were nothing special compared with offerings in New England or Brittany. Then we shared two paccheri all’astice, with reduced portions of the pasta. Most of the lobster meat was incorporated into a rich tomato-based sauce, which tasted wonderful with the al dente pasta. Then came a big piece of tuna for two of us and a big piece of swordfish for the other two. The tuna could hardly have been better, cooked gently and pink inside (as the menu specifies). I don’t know about the swordfish, but it looked beautiful.

We didn’t quite finish all the food and could not consider a dolce. A bottle of Franciacorta Brut accompanied everything perfectly.

We will be back, especially to try the spaghetti alle vongole and the pizzas.

1  Thank James Norman Re... D
Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

I came across this place by random. I was out looking for a place to eat italien food, and I desided to see what they had after looking at the sign outside. It was all in italien, so I figured this place was authentic. When I came inside I was seated straight away by a smiling young lady. She gave me the meny and offered to translate, as it was all in italien. I ordered a spicy pizza wich was delicious. And the service was superb. If you dont speak italien, just as for Rebecca, and she will make sure your visit is perfect.

/John