“Find an old friend.”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 September 2014

We had a lovely time at Vittorios. Had starter after starter of beautiful fresh seafood, wonderful wine, perfect pasta and grilled fish so fresh it was nearly fished after order. Pricing very fair and the place beautifully decorated with a spectacular view. It's a small but cosy homely environment. Chef Mauro absolutely at the height of his role.
We will definitely visit again and recommend this place to everyone close to Rome or in Anzio.

Reviewed 16 September 2014

My wife and I were meeting friends on the Island of Ponza and so we left our car in Anzio and took the ferry over. On our return, we decided to have dinner in Anzio before returning to Rome. We happened upon Vittorio al Porto and the jovial owner welcomed us despite the fact that we weren't dressed awfully well for the occasion. What followed was a splendid experience from start to finish.

The owner recommended a fabulous wine that we had never heard of, despite our familiarity with Italian wines, north and south. It was called Villa Campagnano and comes from the vineyard of Antonio Mazzella on the island of Ischia. It is made from a grape native to Ischia called Biancolella, though Villa Campagnano is the reserve version of this wine. It was delicious--balanced, and just right for a fish dinner.

Next Vittorio asked whether we ate "crudi" (raw bar) and hearing that we did, he proceeded to send out a parade of antipasti that were as good as any I have had. My wife and I are foodies and eat out regularly. The originality of the plates as well as their simple good taste had our mouths watering, wondering what would come out of the kitchen next.

By this time we were thinking that this meal was going to be very expensive, but we settled into it, determined to enjoy every bite. After the extensive antipasti train, Vittorio recommended his tortellone, a single piece of homemade pasta in a glorious red scampi sauce. Though we could have stopped after the antipasti, we took his advice and were glad we did.

When the meal finally ended with Vittorio gifting us with two glasses of limoncello, we grit our teeth, ready for the check. I was blown away when it arrived--a total of €96 for the two of us! We couldn't eat that well in Rome for twice the price. This place was honestly so good that I would drive an hour out of Rome just to go there.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Wonderful lunch at Vittorio al Porto. We discovered it by searching Trip Advisor for the best place to eat in Anzio and we were not disappointed. In fact, it was one of the best meals that we've ever had. To put this in perspective, we are both ~50 years old, have lived and traveled all over Europe and the USA, and consider eating and drinking well an important part of living!

The antipasti we had was 10 mini courses served in waves of 1-2 plates as each became ready to serve. At 20 Euro, we expected a nice plate but instead received this wonderful surprise. Each dish was done artfully and all were exceptional. As an entree, the fried calamari and shrimp was without a doubt the best that I've had ever. Light batter, tender squid, sweet shrimp, and all with a beautiful bottle of house white wine made just 10km down the road.

Not the cheapest meal in the world but trust me when I say that the quality is worth the price (97 Euro for two for a leisurely 2 hour lunch).

What made the experience all the better was watching the chefs enjoy themselves in the kitchen, seeing the waiter beaming a smile seeing the artful presentation of the food he was about to serve, and seeing and hearing satisfaction all around us at every table. I've never seen so many people smell and smile at their food!!!

A+++

We will be back, and we will bring friends.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

My Italian friends, Luisa and Franco were determined to make my last evening special. The treat ended up being Anzio's harbour area and Ristorante Da Vittorio Al Porto. As it was a balmy evening we sat outside to await dinner. It was a Friday evening and there was a lot of activity in the area which gave a great atmosphere to where we were sitting. We were greeted by Vittorio himself who was charming and suggested what I should eat. This turned out to be a series of exquisite fish starters, beautifully presented, followed by a tortellono and gamberi(a large ring of pasta filled with prawn meat), and pomodoro(cherry tomatoes), washed down with a delicious Falenghina white wine. The whole meal was just amazing and certainly ranks amongst my top 5.Thank you to my friends and "Grazie a Vittorio" for an unforgettable evening

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Hello to everybody,
NOt enough superlative to qualify this restaurant and its owner : customizing of food depending of its own tests, multiple fresh products from the sea, exquisite and innovative research of new tastes, and more than everything its owner Vittorio knowing how to receive a guest : charm, diligency and high quality of services!