All reviewsthe ownerswimming poolhaven of peaceminute walknice poolperfect hotelample parkingthe ground floorsmall hotelwine regionbarolo and barbarescoold townthree nightsdelicious breakfastrooms are spaciousnicoedge
Reviewed 4 July 2010

Nico owns and runs the Hotel Langhe. We arrived late afternoon after a long drive. "Sit down and have a glass of wine and then I will help you with your luggage were his first words."
For us, the perfect gig. Beautifully appointed rooms, and an atmosphere relaxed and user friendly.
We strongly recommend this hotel which will enhance anyone's holiday.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Spiffing
Reviewed 26 April 2010

I must admit I was a little dubious when we first drove down the driveway into the hotel. Its in a residential area not within walking distance of the city centre (but that is such not an issue if you have a car anyway) - and the outside of the hotel looks mediocre. We picked a 3 start because it was our honeymoon and we had stayed at some pretty amazing places but for somewhere we weren't planning on being there much, I couldn't justify it. But my concerns did not last long - the interior is beautifully finished, the staff were very helpful and attentive - and its very good value for a 3 star. It looks to be more of a business hotel which was fine for us because we weren't really staying much in the room. The breakfast was really good, buffet style - cold meat, cheese, bread, cereal and pastries. The only downside, and I was determined not to focus on it too much because I liked the hotel otherwise - its either the walls are thin or the tiling on the floors - it got very loud in the room when other guests were arriving or leaving their rooms - but if you can tolerate this, its a great little place. Next time we are back in the Piedmont area, we plan on staying here.

Reviewed 24 April 2010

wow, where do I start? Arriving at the hotel, we were surprised at the ease of checking in. After we settled in, we were invited to come down and enjoy a glass of wine, some cheese and ham. The room was wonderful. Bed was very comfy. The breakfast was great. The staff was always one step ahead of what you needed. Complimentary bottles of water in the room and when we checked out we were handed a bag with bread sticks infused with truffles! The price is amazing for this hotel and the staff go above and beyond expectations. GRAZIE MILLE!

Reviewed 11 April 2010

Spent a night here as part of an organised self guided cycle trip. The hotel, while not impressive from the outside, had been newly decorated on the inside with a very comfortable room with some fascinating furniture.

The Manager was incredibly helpful with regards to restaurant and Gelato suggestions.

The only negative point is that the hotel is quite a walk from the city centre (<8mins by bike though)

Reviewed 6 April 2010

Greeted with a glass of Fontana Fredda from magnum, the manager was an endless resource for restaurant suggestions, some of which made the whole tip (La Coccinella in particular). The room was everything we needed and more luxuriant than the website would suggest, the breakfast is still memorable and the bathroom products I can safely say are the only hotel products I have ever wanted to buy more of (though I wouldn't know where to find them). Probably is best to have a car if you're staying here, a five minute drive from the centre of Alba, but a car is essential to seeing the wineries in any case. A pretty perfect stay (and I am a painfully demanding guest :)

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple