“Overwhelming”

Cuisines: Fusion
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

We had a 3 1/2 hour lunch here today. The Degustation menu is a lot to handle. No doubt the chef is a genius cook in this Michelin three-star restaurant. We did get to meet him and we were surprised that he is young. I am sure he is going to have a distinguished and lengthy future in the world of food. I think we had seven courses but it seemed closer to 10. Near the three hour mark, we began to wish that they would stop bringing out more food, even though everything they did bring out was beautifully done and perfectly fresh with great attention to detail. If I could make a suggestion to future diners, it would be you should go on a fast for about 36 hours before dining here. If I could suggest something to the owner, it would be to please cut back on some of the appetizers at the beginning and the extra desserts at the end. It is overwhelming, or at least it was for us. The food was clearly five star and beyond, but the overall experience was a little bit less for us.

Date of visit: September 2018
2  Thank MJH161
Write a ReviewReviews (1,134)

Reviewed 4 August 2018 via mobile

Dreams come true.

We have been travelling 1000km to visit this place and it was lifetime experience.

Excellent first Class and gentle service, fabulous creativity in rich complimenting tastes, presentation and precise paying attention in detailes.
Thank you!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 24 July 2018

Michelin star restaurants aren't usually my thing, but my husband really wanted to go, so I agreed. He made reservations months before we went. I don't know if that's really necessary, but he didn't want to take chances. I'm vegetarian and they were very accommodating. I had zero expectations, but it turned out to be one of the most memorable gastronomic experiences of my life. The signature salad is out of this world, it contains hundreds of different herbs, greens and spices. Service is friendly and not at all pretentious. I don't know when I'll be back in Alba, but if I ever find myself there again, I'll definitely want to eat at Piazza Duomo.

Reviewed 24 July 2018

Everything about the experience was what you would expect and I think it helps to open yourself to a range and combination of ingredients and flavours that typically a chef at the top of their game can deliver on. We chose La Degustazione tasting menu and it did deliver. You have to admire a fine dining 3 Michelin star restaurant that has a salad as its signature dish. As an avid carnivore, I have to say that the Salad 21...31...41...51 is sublime with flavours you would not expect to come out of a salad - and lots of little surprises. Many of the other dishes also had vegetables as their hero. Unfortunately, a badly timed cold meant that my taste buds were not on song and some of the subtler favour combinations in the latter part of the meal were lost on me - my wife loved them all. When combined with the amuse bouche, petit fours and other little insertions into the meal, I felt that (for me at least) there was probably one dish too many. Nonetheless, a great experience and if you are going to splurge on one meal in the northern part of Italy, this is the one.

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Unfortunately the table next to our was a first class one. We belong only to the second class. So the service was respectively less interested and committed. Sorry that we disturbed you.

6  Thank micheleleuenberger