“I won't return”

Ranked #17 of 23 Hotels in Agrigento
Bucharest
“I won't return”
Reviewed 2 February 2010

I stayed there one night, December 30/31, 2009.
The only good things that I can say about the hotel are the convenient location (100 m from the train station, 300 m from the bus terminal, with a local bus station for the Valley of the temples in front of the train station) and the fact that they had a room ready at 10 am. For the rest...I think I could have found better for 45 eur/night per single room.
I had a double in single occupancy. The room was small, with old furniture that reminded me of the Stalinist era. The carpet was full of dark spots, which probably were so old that no cleaning could erase them. Even if advertised as a 3* hotel, it did not have a minibar in the room and not even a hairdryer in the bathroom. The reason for the last became obvious: there was not hot water either, even if I left the water flow for 30 min.
I did check-out early, at 7 am. On the sofa in the lobby there was a pillow and a blanket, probably left by the man at the reception that has slept there during the night. For breakfast all he could offer was a tiny cup of milk (I did not want coffee) and a piece of packed toast. I asked for a taxi, but after 15 minutes of phone calls the receptionist looked at me helpless and told me there is not one available, and I should walk to the bus station. I had a quite heavy suitcase and a shoulder bag, and it was quite unpleasant because the road to the bus station was up on a hill. The previous evening I did ask the reception to reserve a taxi in advance but they told me there is no problem to find it on the spot.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank Alia_Aliena

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Greek first
Japan
Reviewed 24 August 2009

I stayed this hotel for two nights for leisure. The hotel is located near to a parco/piazza, where local families do the Passegiata and talk. Many children were playing there, and the atmosphere was very relaxing.
There are many bars near to the hotel, and the train station and the local bus station is in walking distance (2 or 3 minutes on foot). And the main street is also near. Very nice location.
The exact location of this hotel is on the Via del Piave, and it was littlebit different from the provided map, but if you arrive to the parco, you'll find many signboard to the hotel. Actually I found the hotel easily.
The staff didn't speak English, so you'll need to speak Italian if you stay here. But even if I spoke little Italian, they tried to help me very kindly.
I didn't tried the breakfast, but seems very simple (Italian traditional).
The room is clean, and has everything I needed (desk, light, mirror, air-conditioner, large chest for cloths, and WiFi).

• Stayed August 2009, travelled solo
Travellers also viewed these Agrigento hotels
5.0 km away
Kore Hotel
#1 of 1 in Villaggio Mose
8.4 km away
Antica Perla Residence Hotel

Been to Hotel del Viale? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel del Viale

Property: Hotel del Viale
Address: Via del Piave 19, 92100, Agrigento, Sicily, Italy
Region: Italy > Sicily > Province of Agrigento > Agrigento
Bar / Lounge Beach Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Wheelchair access
#7 On the Beach Hotel in Agrigento
Price range (per night): $79 - $724
Hotel Class:3 star — Hotel del Viale 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Agoda, lastminute.com.au, HostelWorld, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel del Viale reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hotel Del Viale Agrigento, Sicily