“Enjoyable Dining - that commences at 6:30 PM versus later!”

Pizzeria Ristorante Europa
Ranked #15 of 112 Restaurants in Abano Terme
Price range: USD 15 - USD 43
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 April 2016

We stayed in Abano Terme for a week and we very happy with our experience at the restaurant. The menu had many sumptuous offerings, including many pizza options. My colleague selected the Europa pizza and was very pleased. It was a very large pizza, so there was much to take home for a future meal. I ordered a steak and it had both cooked spinach and small potatoes as side dishes. The taste and display were excellent, and again the portions huge. I also order a side salad (small); it was massive as well. Together, we also asked for two glasses of the house red wine and a large bottle of mineral water. Our entire bill was very very reasonable and pleasantly inexpensive. The couple next to us (from Germany and Norway) were very pleased with their experience as well - telling us how they come back to the restaurant every time that they are visiting. I would recommend this restaurant to all visitors - it is one of the only restaurants with a rather extensive menu that opens at 6:30PM!

Reviewed 2 November 2015

The Europa was a real find. There is an extensive pizza menu and another menu comprising traditional and local dishes, including truffle-based pasta, a delicious fish soup, and vegetarian options. The quality of the pizza was superb. Staff were welcoming and friendly, prices reasonable, and we returned twice that week. All round a good dining experience.

Reviewed 27 March 2015

Hello everyone,

it took me a long time to write the critic of this restaurant because the name was not indicated on the front of the restaurant very clearly (I did not want to mix it with another place) and it took me a long while (since last august 2014) to be calm again after the evening I spent there.

We arrived at the restaurant because the garden was appealing - nice evening in August- what could be better than a small romantic dinner outside :).

The waiter placed us in the terrace (nice) but just behind a family with kids that needed to spend their energy. The kids screamed, run and basically it was the war area there (food on the floor- toys everywhere, kids running and parents that did not give a f** about it).

After 5 minutes, we asked the waiter to place us inside to avoid this noise (we did not want to create more drama, we did not complain - we just wanted to escape the situation and save our evening ). The waiter was angry on us to have this request, he placed us inside (there was a lot of place available inside) in the most unfriendly way and at the worst place possible - near the entry door.

However that was a good thing: 5 minutes later a small tree fall down where we had our first table because a kid was playing with it (We could have finish our evening at the hospital). The place on the terrasse was probably not enough for the kids and they decide to run inside the restaurant and in the kitchen (and of course screaming). I suspected this family was very close to the owner to allow themselves to do such things.

We have ordered, keep going with the unfriendly service and we wait for about 1 hour our dish- we had to ask three times about it. At this point of the evening, the quality of the dish does not matter because we were not in the mood for a lovely restaurant evening anymore. To be fair, the quality was OK but not outstanding.

After these lovely 90 minutes spend their, we went away even before getting a dessert. There was of course not a friendly word or a small apology about the circus around here. For the food and the show, we had to pay about 45 euros.

Let me be very clear, I have nothing against kids- if they have some energy, they need to play but they were stuck in the restaurant (maybe they should have their own corner in the restaurant to play). I am blaming the management of the restaurant for treating us unfairly in that way - I did not see a smile coming from the team in the whole evening - we were the bad guys in the story.

Be sure, I will never put a toe in this place anymore.

Cheers,

Reviewed 4 May 2013

We'd just checked in at our hotel and went straight out to find some lunch. We made an excellent choice. We ordered a diavola and a sea food. The bases were thin and crispy and the toppings very good and huge! The cold beer was very welcome too. The only criticism I coul level at them is that there's a almost too much choice. Making the choice of which pizza - what a problem to have!

Reviewed 6 April 2013

Found this place as we left the Paul n Shark store.
Both are very good but the Pizza will cost you less !!