All reviews beach front team building rooms are big chinese restaurant nice pool adults and kids extra bed live band an option beach goers rice training wow security sunset interior activity
Reviewed 21 June 2017

It was a spur of the moment decision when my family and I decided to go on a short trip during the holy week. As anyone is aware, planning holy week trips require an advanced booking. Deciding to go when it's two to three days away from the booking date would be close to impossibility. Fortunately, Tanza Oasis Resort has few available rooms when we were searching for accommodations close by.

If you live in the city and would just like a short holiday and your main purpose is to swim in a themed pool (complete with slides, bridge and concrete animals), this resort hotel is for you. However, if you are after your much needed R & R, this is probably not the best place to go to.

It was holy week when we went, and the pool was filled with adults and kids alike - it was really crowded. There was also a band playing live on one side to keep the swimmers entertained. On the farther end of the resort was the beach. Before you get to the beach, you will pass by picnic cottages. I'm not quite certain if it was solely for beach goers or even pool occupants can rent one of the cottages.

The beach shore had black sand, and the shore was quite narrow, and I didn't find this appealing. However, this is just based on my personal preference and I'm sure there are others who will find this beach to be okay and still get to enjoy the ambiance.

What I appreciated in the beach area was their cottage on one part of the concrete deck. It had the view to the sunset. The concrete deck was several meters away from the shore and so it felt detached, and it was quiet. Staying in that cottage, I felt away from the crowded beach and pool area and I enjoyed my time just sitting there and taking photos of the sunset.

We booked a Deluxe Room, where 3 adults and 2 kids can occupy. The room is spacious, and can add one more extra mattress if needed. The bathroom was modern and had good enough space. The interior of the room was well-designed and definitely up to date. It's a room that you will appreciate. Likewise, the lobby of the hotel was spacious and open.

They serve breakfast food, buffet-style. There were a lot of options and so eating there was definitely worth it. Their restaurant is located at the ground floor. There's a bar right outside of it, where you can order alcoholic drinks probably.

All in all, this is not a place for quiet solitude. Your reason for coming to Tanza Oasis Resort should be more about having fun or spending time with family/friends while swimming or a beach party. If that is your intention, then I'm sure this will be a lot of fun for you, your friends and your family.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

The pool is not so clean when we got there. There are so many insects swimming with us. Also, the beach is not advisable to swim. It's very dirty and there are so many rocks that makes it dangerous for people to walk by. However, since we only had a minimal time for those because of our seminar, I would like to commend their food and their conference room. The food is delicious and the room is very conducive for learning.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

I have stayed in this hotel 2 times, today i am checking out from a 13 night stay. The staff are friendly and polite, and the rooms, although basic are adequate for the area. (No way near 4 star as the hotel itself suggests, 2 stars would be generous)

The three areas where this hotel really fails, are F&B, Internet connection and professionalism. This is why I dropped a star rating for each.

F&B, there is a medium menu for Chinese food but almost nothing for the western palate. I tried many of the dishes on offer but none were even worth mentioning as good. Lacking taste, often cold and served without any enthusiasm. The staff do not know the ingredients of the dishes. I have never been so bored of hotel food in all my travels, this is a big fail.

Internet connection is very very slow. The location of the hotel does not get a strong signal from cell providers, so you are often left with zero connectivity. Since for me this was a business trip, it caused much difficulty.

Professionalism of staff, although friendly and mostly in good spirits you will be left waiting and asking repeatedly for simple things. This is particularly true of the front desk staff and restaurant staff; there is never an attempt to personalise or enhance service. Never.

There are a few stand-out staff there who do seem frustrated by difficult management. A few of the lads at the bar, and all of the drivers are 'on the ball' but other than those, it can be very frustrating around the staff at this hotel.

I will likely be back, only because this is the only hotel option in the area I need to attend. I hope these concerns can be addressed, but I'm no way hopeful this will happen. I would normally direct issues directly to the hotel manager, but after a long stay here, I'm yet to find out who that is, if they even have one on site?

Stayed: June 2017
1  Thank baliskot
Reviewed 11 May 2017

Tanza Oasis is a great place for a vacation. It is sited on the beach, has plenty Cabanas which are private and nice to use. There is also a waterpark which is really cool and plenty other facilities if you need them. The Staff are amazing and go the extra mile to make sure you are comfortable and happy. No request is too difficult for them. They have a really good transport service if you want to venture out and the hotel food is really nice. A beautiful Chinese restaurant is within the hotel premises but they cater for all food requirements

Stayed: March 2017
Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

We had our team building activity here, the facilities were adequate for the said activity. The food served were surprisingly delicious and serving is more than adequate. The service is adequate and the staff are courteous and friendly. This is a great place for team building, good value for money.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business