All reviews farm wedding tv rabbits friends horses denmark
Reviewed 5 July 2017

We spent one night at Slangrupgaard hotel in Fakse Ladeplads in Denmark when we were on our way from Germany to Copenhagen. When I was looking at hotels in this area this lovely old farm with a straw-roof caught my attention. I had always wanted to stay in the Danish countryside and staying in such an old house seemed really appealing to me. The hotel is located close to Fakse Ladeplads and Slangerup villages and there is only a short drive to Slangerup where we found a supermarket and some shops. On arrival we were shown the room - it was a medium sized cosy room, old, but with Wifi and a flat screen TV. We checked out the surrounding areas which were really idyllic with rabbits and horses behind a fence and cats roaming around. One of which was really cuddly, totally white and fluffy with one blue eye and one brown eye - it kept coming up to me to be cuddled, really cute :) The hotel is family run and what I gather from their website then it is a conference hotel.In the vicinity is the Faxe Limestone Quarry which is worth a visit.

We had quite an enjoyable stay at this lovely country hotel :)

Date of stay: June 2017
Reviewed 22 January 2015 via mobile

This is definately amongst the best B&B I have been staying on.

I have been here 5 times over the last 5 years. It's the prefered place for ud, when having a conference st work.
It's not luxurious or fancy, but it's a really cosy place.

The rooms are small, but modern, clean and cosy.

The restaurent is really nice ad well and I really enjoyed the food.

It's located just outside Face Ladeplads. Close to the water and surrounded by nature.
They have a beautiful Garden with large trees and they even have a few horses and Rabbits.

I can recommend this if you want to go someplace quiet, in beautiful surroundings and with great food.

Date of stay: January 2015
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Aka2212
Reviewed 13 June 2014

The management of this hotel were efficient and helpful. Our room was rather small but had all desired features, and was quiet and comfortable. The wi-fi worked well. Breakfast was good quality, though there was less choice than most places because there were only a few guests when we were there. Bicycle storage was provided in the open but under cover.

The situation is quite a way out of town (and there's not too much in town even when you get there). The hotel itself is very attractive, and quite reasonably priced by Danish standards.

Date of stay: June 2014
Reviewed 21 July 2011

Dear future guests,

We got married on the 16.07.11 and installed 9 of our friends at Slangeruupgard hotel. They were welcomed with great service, and since the kitchen was closed they were allowed to use the barbecue and kitchen facilities from the lady who runs the hotel! In the night when they returned from the wedding, she had put a bucked of ice filled with wine and beer in front of the garden facilities...ready to be emptied by my friends. I coun't have asked for more! Thank you! I don' t have to forget to mention the surroundings of Slangeruupgard, idyllic as from a picturebook. I highly recommend this Hotel- either for business or private commodation.

Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Liv0483
Reviewed 11 November 2010

Slangerupgaard is a wonderful hotel in a beautifully renovated halftimbered farm, located in a very quiet street approx. 1 km from the beach and Faxe's center. The only minor disadvantage as regards the location is that the street to the hotel is very extremely dark at night - so take a torch with you! The hotel is rather small - with some 20, simple, but comfortable and quite large rooms, with TV, electric kettle and tea selection. The place is run by a Dutch family, which also lives there. The personnel is extremely nice and helpful. We came in the evening and asked whether we could have a dinner there. Although there is no regular restaurant at the hotel, they offered to prepare a dinner for us within one hour. And they did. That was one of the best dinners we had during our cycling tour in Denmark - served in a nicely decorated dining/breakfast room with a nice selection of starters, meat and vegatables as a main course and a very nice wine - for a more than reasonable price. Also the breakfast next day was very good.

Date of stay: August 2010