“One of the best meals ever ”
Review of The Long Dock

The Long Dock
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

I visited long dock on mon oct 2 2017. I can safely say it was one of the most enjoyable evenings ive had out. I had scallops starter followed by haddock from the specials board and fruit crumble. My mother had hake. The scallops were to die for. Just perfect. And the flavor was exceptional. Both fish mains were cooked to perfection and simply served with garlic butter. Accompanying sides were v good. The apple n fruit crumble was massive and freshly homemade. The young man serving was very professional. When i had trouble reading the menu he produced a complimentary pair of specs. Nice touch. Good man! The bar area was full but he had the complete area under control. Very impressive. We visit at every available opportunity and will definitely be back Its so cosy and the atmosphere is always very welcoming. Keep up the good work. Ye deserve all the awards ye get. Ps. Great value too.

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

We are on a Sat. evening, a party of four adults. We had a mixture of starters, chowder (which was abs. excellent), goats cheese & prawns.

Main courses consisted of fish & chips, roast cod, steak & prawns and fish-pie, all of which were excellent.

The waiting staff were excellent and very helpful.

We will definitely be back! (In fact we returned for chowder the following day, it was that good!).

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

We visited The Long Dock for a family dinner celebrating my nephews 21st birthday and we all had a great meal. The food is of a very high standard and was yummy and I would recommend visiting The Long Dock if you are travelling around Co.Clare. Special mention to Mary and Aiofe for great service on the night thank you very much it was very much appreciated.

Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

What a great pub! It's a really 'local' community, and Long Dock offers the best food offering. Lots of local fish, plus wide choice of other dishes. Really warm welcome and service. Recommend - pop out the back to the shop! You'll be glad you did!

Reviewed 28 August 2017

Didn't stay for a meal as I like to be able to actually read the menu in a restaurant. This place was so dark I was tempted to turn on the torch on my phone. We chose to just go through the back and have ice-cream instead. It was average.

3  Thank ChristineLindsay