“Fab family getaway”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Becca2672
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Fab family getaway ”
Reviewed 12 October 2017 for a stay in June 2017
person found this review helpful

Me and my family recently stayed here as we wanted a nice quiet holiday where we could take our 2 small dogs with us. When we arrived we was greeted by the lovely manager who lives next door and runs the property for the owner. It's very newly built and on the end of the lane (which I loved). Absolutely stunning place.
We booked it so the two kids could sleep upstairs, my momma and grandad in the main bedroom and my mum in the other room on the ground floor as they are all disabled and can't manage steps.. so me and my husband booked it to stay in the hut on the garden. Unfortunately 5 weeks before our arrival I broke my tibia and damaged all my ligaments in my knee. So as I also can't manage steps now, so my husband carried me in and out the hut everyday. (He's a good egg)
My only real niggles was in the description for the cottage the shepherds hut is described as having a shower room with shower and a WC. I thought in the night this would really help me as I can't get in and out the hut on my own. Unfortunately on inspection there was no light in the bathroom and we was told the WCs not really in use and can only be used for a night time emergency wee.
I don't remember anything being said about the shower not being in use, but we didn't use it anyway as the drainage just looked like a pipe going to the woods so we didn't think that was working either.

Also we had a very bad storm which cut all the electrics out at 3am. We had to go and stay over in the cottage as we didn't feel safe in the hut. The storm ended up pulling one of the electric wires right out of its fitting that was for the outside lights. It was hanging extremely low just above a large puddle. I wouldn't let my nephew outside incase he ran into it. We had someone wait in all day on our last day for an electrician that we was told was coming, for no one to show at all.
The garden was water logged and covered in leafs on arrival and through out the whole stay. Was Quite dangerous for me as I was on crutches and when I slipped I couldn't put my bad leg down as I'm not aloud any weight on it.

If I'm honest, I don't think I'd really have had any problems if It wasn't for me breaking my tibia before we came. If I was fit and well like I should have been, I know we wouldn't have seen these issues as a problem.

All in all, once I'm back on my feet we would love to book here again and have our walking holiday that we originally wanted! Apart from those few niggles everything else was perfect and if you book you won't be disappointed.

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing