1,922 results
All reviews lounge area chester zoo spa treatments cheshire oaks buffet style weekend break couldn't fault gym molly facial
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

We arranged with Clive for a 40th birthday meal last night. The waiters were very polite and helpful and the food was superb.A very relaxed atmosphere and all round excellent service. Would definitely recommend

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
DUmmat, Director at Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Joanne G
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the 40th Birthday celebration meal and appreciate your kind review today . I will pass your lovely comments on to Chef and Clive and we hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed 9 September 2018

hi

I came here last weekend for an afternoon tea. It was a birthday treat for myself and my eldest.
On arrival we were greeted by a friendly chap (I think he was the manager) and shown into the restaurant.
The restaurant was clean and tidy. Since my last visit there appears to have been some changes. They have redecorated and it looks much fresher. (sometimes places lose their character but not this place)
The staff were friendly and when my eldest asked questions they were very informative.
the sandwiches were fresh and tasty and they were even able to deal with my eldest (not an easy thing at all!!)
The cakes and scones were lovely, We did run out of hot water in our tea but a lovely chap refilled it for us.

we both agreed it was a lovely thing to do after going to Cheshire Oaks. (which is a stone throw)

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Dear adecentmeal
Thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed your recent afternoon tea and we are delighted that you appreciated the changes made to the hotel during our most recent redecoration programme.
It was a pleasure for Mr Gavin to welcome you back to the Molly B and we are delighted that this was such a relaxing end to your trip to Cheshire Oaks.
We hope that you had a safe journey home and look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Reviewed 9 September 2018

My three daughters took me for afternoon tea for my birthday, it was disgusting ,I only eat brown bread so I had only smoked salmon for choice which I am not a lover of, the egg on the white sandwiches looked as if it had been scraped on & scraped off again, the cakes were two profiteroles cut in half, four tiny pieces of I think were cheesecake, & four tiny pieces of brownie., the scones which were only fruit were dry,this was all served on horrible white plates. There was one pot of tea between four & horrible white cups. We complained & were not charged.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

We arrived at the hotel in time for check in. The lady at reception was friendly and helpful. Although, we were fairly disappointed to see an empty crisp packet in the bedside table from previous guests (don't know how long it had been there?!). We used the hotels spa facilities after we had checked in. However, the Jacuzzi was dirty (could see what looked like orange rust at the bottom of the jaccuzzi). It was lovely and warm on the Monday night but was very cold on the Tuesday morning (as we thought we'd make the most of our stay after breakfast and before check out). Also, we were told specifically that we could not use the sauna,even though it states on the website that it is included in the stay. We were disappointed to see members of the spa using it. Breakfast was good! Would give it a 3/5!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
DUmmat, Director at Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Dear Bethani W

Thank you for letting us know about your stay so that we can investigate the points you have made today.

I have passed your feedback on to housekeeping and the maintenance team will check the filter in the jacuzzi. Access to the sauna is not usually restricted and I will follow this up with the Spa Msnager on your behalf.

We hope that you will return and allow us the opportunity to restore your faith in the hotel .

Reviewed 7 September 2018

the hotel photos are different from the hotel , the shot you see is taken from the back the front of the hotel is completely different and the front porch is falling down and the white paint is peeling off .The room left lots to desire tiles were coming away from the bathroom wall and there was black mold on the tiles the bathroom carpet looked about as clean as a pub carpet and I only took my shoes off when I went to bed . The meal was awful my wife had an avocado toastie with chips which were still raw and the curry I had was bland and the nan was also still cold we had to wait for 40 mins for said meal also if you order a main meal any veg that you would like with it is charged for . We checked out after one night as we both could not stand the thought of staying any longer , the duty manager did try to smooth things out by offering us a free meal in the restaurant but I think he missed the point about not wanting to eat there again .The breakfast was ok but only just the bread for toasting was very dry and the beans had a nice crust on them one of the staff stirred this back into said beans . We could of gone to Wetherspoons and had a much better meal and for a fraction of the price and in nicer surroundings on the plus side superbreaks arranged a refund for us and I have advised them to look at the hotel and stop working with them to avoid this sort of problem .So please avoid this hotel and spend your money at a much better hotel!!!!! . I WOULD HAVE GIVEN A ZERO IF I IT WERE POSSIBLE TO DO SO

Room Tip: Do not book this hotel as it is sub standard at best a travel lodge room is much better than this hotel and will be much cleaner
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank moo006

Dear moo006

At the time of your stay your disappointment was handled in a polite and professional manner by the Duty Manager and a refund was agreed and made by The Brook Mollington Banastre Hotel is recognition of this.

It is thereforee disappointing to read your review.
However

1) Photos
Those are indeed of the rear of the hotel since this is the original part of the Manor House which overlooks the gardens allowing our guests to enjoy the view as they either sit outside or take a stroll around the grounds.
The front of the hotel is a 1970’s extension laid to carpark allowing direct acces to the Reception.. As such there are no photos of the carpark.

2)Porch
This is a side porch over a secondary private exit not the front entrance to the Hotel and Reception. It is scheduled to be removed this month.

3) Housekeeping
We apologise for any issues encountered here.and that your room did not meet with your expectations.

4) Dining
As mentioned at the time the Chef would have been more than happy to re make your meal and we apologise once again that this offer was not sufficient.

It is naturally very disappointing for us to read that even after all our efforts at the time that your perception of the hotel and our reaction to your complaint remains unchanged.
Regards