1,410 results
All reviewsjoanne wilcoxcolonic hydrotherapymaster suitegirls nightsteam roommassive bathroomsuperior roomchanging roomslight lunchmy partnerlovely hotelwalk in showerafternoon tealounge areawedding venueevening mealwedding reception
Reviewed 3 July 2016

I stayed here on my own on a Thursday night 3 days ago. I was delighted with my room (Number 11) the young man on reception was great and carried my bag up. The Hotel looks very stylish and has obviously had a lot of money spent on it recently. Room 11 was enormous, with a King size bed and small sitting dressing area. The bathroom was also enormous with a huge bath and large walk in shower. Everything was sparkling clean and tastefully decorated. The bed was very comfortable and as it overlooked a small quiet courtyard I was able to leave the window open. If I had any criticism it was that the TV was small, and as it was a long way from the bed (I did say HUGE room) I struggled to see it without my glasses.
Now for the reason I didn't give it a 5th star, I decided to eat in the pleasant looking Restaurant, I ordered Mussles as a starter and baked Camembert as a main (I find 2 starters is enough ) I sat and waited and drank most of my wine and waited some more before asking where were my mussels, I was told they were' on the stove', when they turned up there were many broken and closed Mussels and virtually no flavour, the bread was cold do resembled rubber. The Camembert was lovely, the bread was rubbish, I complained and the food was removed from my bill. In all it took over 1 hour and a quarter to get a couple of starters .There did seem to be a staff shortage, and frankly this food should not have been put in front of any customer.
This is a lovely place the swimming pool and spa were super and the staff I met were nice and helpful, I can only assume I hit a bit of a hiccup.

Room Tip: A lot of the rooms are up short flights of stairs so if you have mobility issue call the Hotel first
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 July 2016 via mobile

Stayed at Crabwell Manor recently for just the one night, we were upgraded to a suite, Room 1..one word.. Amazing!! Weather was rubbish so after a couple of hours shopping in nearby Chester we had a lovely afternoon spent in the hotels spa. Nice and clean and very relaxing. Treatments are abit on the pricey side (£40 each for a basic massage) however they do use Espa products and the spa and surroundings are really lovely. The restaurant was also great, food beautiful. I would definaltley recommend this hotel and would love to stay here again.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

Had a lovely day here with my sister and friend. Used a travel zoo voucher which included use of the spa, afternoon tea and 2 treatments. Pool area was lovely but a few more loungers would be a good idea. The lounge area is lovely and relaxing and we enjoyed afternoon tea in there. Clotted cream would have been preferable to whipped cream though. We all enjoyed our treatments and the staff were lovely. Highly recommended.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

Stayed for one night recently, and have to say couldn't fault it, lovely spacious room.
Spa not the biggest but nevertheless adequate.
Didn't have dinner in the hotel, but breakfast was pleasant.
Helpful staff.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 June 2016

Went here last Thursday for my husbands' birthday - it is in a lovely spot outside of Chester.... I had chosen a junior suite which was lovely, not much of a view though and was near to the kitchens so could hear lots of noise from there and late into the night so would ask for a quieter room next time! However, the room itself was lovely and the bathroom fabulous, bath and a roomy wetroom shower. There is a lovely sheltered terrace bar overlooking the gardens and we had drinks here when we arrived and before dinner. We were both a bit disappointed with the ambience in the restaurant, the table we had was in a very dark corner so it was a bit difficult to see the menu!! Also they were playing really strange music, it sounded like a radio channel with all "young" music - we are not exactly old but always think restaurant music should be a bit more background and middle of the road!! It was a but off putting to be honest. The food was excellent though apart from the very measly portion of scallops in a gem veloute - two small scallops swimming around in a massive bowl of veloute - more like soup and not even a spoon on the table!! Overpriced at over £9. The mains were both fab, I had cod and my husband had chicken. The staff were very friendly and attentive which was lovely. Breakfast was superb, great selection and nice and hot and you could do your own toast! Would definitely go again but would ask for a quieter room - also one where the air con worked as it was stifling in the room!!

Room Tip: Don't choose Room 6 if you want a quiet night and a good view!!
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple