All reviewscamp kitchenpowered sitesemaphore beachdeluxe cabinpermanent residentsbunk bedsdirect accesswashing machineexcellent amenitieslovely parknearby beachloved our staywe've stayedminute walk to the beachstayed for nightscouple of nightsgreat place to stay
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

A 3 night stay at the Discovery Park. Easy to get to by public transport from the airport. Two public buses in under an hour. One bus from the Park to City in 45mins! 10mins on bus to a Westfield with Coles, Kmart, David Jones etc. Short 20min flat walk to Semaphore which is a little town with an IGA, couple of Charity Shops and little shops. Play area for children there too. Beautiful long stretch of beach literally 2mins from any cabin. Awesome sunsets! Alex was ok at check in. Did her job of giving me my keys but no chit chat or information.
When entering my Economy Cabin first impressions were OK. Basic. Very ran down. Slight smell. Further inspection I found lots of dirt and dust on surfaces like the window sill and microwave area. Cutlery drawer was dusty and dirty. Super ran down. There are no internal pictures of the Economy Cabins online anywhere, and I can now see why! They need to be knocked down/totally refurbished!
I was totally dissatisfied with the level of cleanliness so went to Reception with my complaint along with photos of dirt. I was upgraded immediately by Mim's into a 2bed Deluxe Cabin (no.95). Both Mim's and Ruth were very apologetic over the dirt and would be speaking to Housekeeping's Lauren.
If you can only afford the Economy Cabins I'd stay elsewhere.

The deluxe cabins are a different world - very fresh looking and had a nice smell. Electric oven which is v efficient, modern A/C which doesn't shake/make a rackit like the Economy A/C and a glass shower screen. A/C needed for the chilly April evenings & mornings! Very good TV with Panasonic Speakers available. More than enough room for the up to 6 persons it sleeps. Heat lamps in the bathroom above the shower - AMAZING! Wifi works great inside the cabin and is of decent speed. I couldn't get a connection in the Economy Cabin. The decked area of Number 95 had the all day sun as it’s on an end.
The start of my holiday wasn't great
but once I'd been moved I was able to relax and enjoy my time in Adelaide. I'd stay here again if I was able to afford a Cabin better than Economy.

Reception happily kept my bags for the morning before I had to leave for my flight, they also kept my lunch cool in the fridge! V good service thank you guys! :)

Nice pool area too which was clean with a few loungers - I imagine this area is rather busy during Summer!

Lots of people on the park are permanent residents I think - they are all polite as were the Maintenance Team you see wandering around! I stayed alone & felt V safe at the Park & on the nearby beach/Semaphore.

Thank you to Mim's for her quick and efficient resolution to my initial problems! :)

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Chloe M
Louise B, Operations Support Manager at Discovery Parks - Adelaide Beachfront, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

G'Day,

Thank you for your review and feedback on your stay. We are sorry to read that your first impressions where not what you had expected though happy that the team were able to turn it around.

Our Deluxe Cabins have recently undergone full renovations so it is nice to see our guests are enjoying all that they have to offer! As for our economy range, you will be pleased to know we are currently working through plans to upgrade these cabins. We would welcome your return and once they have been completed to hear your comparison.

Thank you again for your feedback, we hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards,
Discovery Parks - Adelaide Beachfront

Reviewed 22 March 2018

We stayed in a cabin which faced onto the beach, it was awesome, large cabin with clean modern facilities. A large deck which we spent each evening on enjoying the view. The park was well maintained and the staff friendly. It is a minute walk to the beach which was stunning and also a little train ran from just outside the park to the center of Semaphore. Highly recommend and would definitely stay again,

Room Tip: Sea facing cabins are great
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Gail G
Louise B, Operations Support Manager at Discovery Parks - Adelaide Beachfront, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

G’Day Gail G,

Thank you for review and feedback, we are pleased to see you enjoyed your stay.

We are also very lucky to be located right on the beach in such a beautiful location, so it is great that you were able to enjoy it during your visit.

The cabin type you stayed in were recently renovated, including new deck furniture for those barmy afternoons - we look forward to welcoming you back into them again soon.

Discovery Parks – Adelaide Beachfront

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

We came from the U.K. and I can not fault this place . It’s every think we wanted . We had the 3 bed apartment number 2 with sea views . Nice and clean and we got in early . The deluxe has a washing machine and dishwasher that can in very handy . Beds really comfortable. Would definitely stay again I don’t want to leave x

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

G’Day sugar78,

Thank you for review and feedback, we are pleased to see you enjoyed your stay.

Our team work extremely hard to ensure cleanliness is of a high standard and it is great to see that it is getting noticed by our guests.

We are also very lucky to be located right on the beach in such a beautiful location, so it's great that you were able to enjoy it during your visit.

We look forward to seeing you again.

Discovery Parks – Adelaide Beachfront

Reviewed 15 February 2018

Stayed here a few times over the past 12 months, first visit was terrible however we went back another two times and loved our stay. We recommend going for at least the deluxe 2 bedroom cabin. Stayed in the superior 2 bedroom and for roughly $10 more a night, do for deluxe! :) Very nice, clean. Great showers, comfortable beds. Was a bit chilly to use the pool but the kids loved the jumping pillow. Big downfall is there is not much guest car parking. If you park on the street be very careful as you may end up with a fine for $250+. Have found out since from relatives, there is a car park near by however the staff did not advise this even though they were aware of the two cars we had and the lack of car spaces left. Will be staying again as we enjoyed the deluxe cabin!

Room Tip: Deluxe 2 bedroom at least! :)
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank ThrivinHolly
Reviewed 15 February 2018

We needed somewhere cheap and clean to stay for a couple of nights while our motorhome was being repaired. We found this place onlune, having not been to Adelaide before, had no idea what's around. We arrived around 10:30 and asked if we could check in (Mim was on the phone when we arrived, but didn't even acknowledge our presence). We stood for a good 5-7 mins. Another gent came from out the back and started talking to Mim while she was on the phone. He then asked if we were ok. When I advised why I was there, he gave a half-laugh, looked at Mim and said "don't think so in a cabin" and then walked out the back again.
When Mim got off the phone, she still didn't acknowledge our presence and kept tapping away at her keyboard. Eventually, she looked up and asked my name. Tap, tap on the keyboard. "Oh no, you can't check in yet. Check in is at 2pm." Whilst I knew that, I turned up early in the hope we could at least get our food out of the Esky and into the fridge. "Oh no, occupational health and safety won't allow that until the girls have cleaned the room. Your room won't be ready until at least 1-1:30pm at the earliest." I asked for touristy things in the area to do. She advised me to go shopping to the nearest shopping center. I found this most disappointing that that was all she could suggest - a bloody shopping centre!!!!
We came back at 1:30, checked in (asked if they had a swimming pool when I noticed pool towels) as there was no information forthcoming about anything. Got to our cabin and found the crisper section in the fridge wasn't cleaned anyway. This lady needs an urgent lesson in customer service and information of things to see and do in the local area or get out of the hospitality industry. We won't be back and will tell everyone we know to avoid this park while she is there.

Room Tip: Find another accommodation establishm6
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Liztrippingout
Louise B, Operations Support Manager at Discovery Parks - Adelaide Beachfront, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Dear Liztrippingout,

Thank you for your feedback on your most recent stay. We are sorry to read that your experience was not what you had expected and that you felt your check in was disappointing. This is never our intention.

Discovery is always looking for ways to assist our guests including storing belongings, such as food items, in an alternative location if check in is not available at the time of arrival. We apologise that the option to store your perishables in our office fridge did not suit your needs at the time, had your cabin been clean we certainly would have made all efforts to check you in at 10:30am.

Information on local attractions are provided opposite our reception desk, however we understand that local tips on things to do may be preferred by some of our guests and will certainly take on board your feedback.

We regret your discussion not to return though wish you a safe onward journey.
Discovery Parks - Adelaide Beachfront