“A Jewel in the Crown”
Review of Masala Dabbas

Masala Dabbas
Ranked #2 of 170 Restaurants in Orpington
Price range: USD 5 - USD 17
Description: Restaurant focusing on authentic Regional Indian cuisine, also offering popular foods from the Indian High Street - The 'Indian' as Indians know it.
Reviewed 9 November 2018

This is not your normal Indian so don't expect your normal Korma or Vindaloo, this is more authentic (though if I remember at the back of the menu there are some of the standard fayres). I often judge an Indian restaurant on the quality of their chicken Tikka; I tried some of my friends and it was fantastic so moist and tender; I had a soft shell crab.

We were offered something called a Liquid Explosion, the owner was proud to offer this type of Indian street food on his menu these are small crisp balls filled with a few chickpeas and you pour in this green liquid; let me say interesting; others may love it but a great concept and I hope the restaurant comes up with some new flavours.

I can highly recommend the lamb dish Methi Palak Ghosh, the lamb was so tender.

Overall a lovely evening, with a nice amount of space between the tables and for the quality of food a more than reasonable price.

I hope you enjoy !

Reviewed 8 November 2018

The welcome you receive as soon as you walk through the doors are very comforting. The staff are very pleasant and responsive. The food is GREAT, there is so much variety and the prices are very reasonable.

Reviewed 6 November 2018

We had a takeaway, and were really impressed. The food was great and really took us back to our times in India. So different from the usual formulaic Indian restaurant dishes and we will certainly return.

1  Thank voxhumani
Reviewed 6 November 2018

We came upon this restaurant by accident and decided to give it a try. I have to say we were not disappointed. We all absolutely loved the food, it was different to what we have had before. To start with we had the potato patties and the wheat fritters and they were both delicious. For the mains we had the spicy fish, the lamb and the duck , we throughly enjoyed them all. If you like coconut Naan then you have to try these as they are lovely,in fact we ordered another portion! I went straight home and recommended the restaurant to my two children and they went on Saturday and had a lovely meal. I have already booked my next visit and will be trying some more delicious items from the menu!

1  Thank Jacquelinewhaler12
Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

Visited again on Friday night, with a group of 5 friends. We had a GREAT evening, the food was incredible, and the service was top class. We tried some new dishes this time around and loved everything we tried. The food is so authentic compared to the average curry house and the depth of flavour in something as simple as a biryani is really special. What was really impressive, is that one of our group couldn’t eat the same heat as others, and so the team adjusted their meal. Which for us, showed how fresh everything is. It’s a great restaurant, so pleased it’s part of Orpington high street.

Date of visit: November 2018