“Tasty & Spicy food”
Review of Joy Kitchen

Joy Kitchen
Ranked #14 of 170 Restaurants in Orpington
Price range: USD 6 - USD 11
Description: We serve fresh & tantalize Southeast Asian dishes in Stir-fry, Wok-fry noodles, Curries & Soup that will make you feel the warm of Southeast Asia Countries.
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

We love the food here. I love Asian food anyway, but this restaurant has Thai and Malaysian food predominantly.
I've taken my daughter several times and she loves it too.

Reviewed 9 September 2018

Ordered takeaway via Uber Eats on Friday night, all went well until the food was collected. The Uber Eats driver went to the other side of orpington to deliver someone elses food first and then to us, we live 5 mins drive away from the restaurant and the delivery took almost 20 minutes from point of collection. The driver did not have a "hot Box" like you see on Pizza bikes, simply a standard luggage box which has no insulating properties and couldn't possibly keep the food warm. Inevitably when the food arrived it was stone cold. The quality for the food was way below Joy Kitchen's normal high standards, the duck was rubbery and fatty, the pork was overcooked and some bits too tough to eat and the Katsu chicken was dry and crunchy. Microwaving the food to heat it up impaired the food further and we ended up leaving most of the meal. The portions were also significantly smaller that we remember getting served in the restaurant. My wife complained directly to the restaurant, the manager kindly offered a full refund but advised we needed to go via Uber Eats to get it. I contacted Uber eats and despite 4 or 5 emails and requests to them, I have not received a response other than to say, "Sorry the food was cold, well try to do better next time and on this occasion you will not be getting a refund" Joy kitchen also charge way too much for delivered drinks, didn't realise we were ordering cans but 2 x standard cans of diet coke was charged at £5 which is completely outrageous. Sorry to say that Joy Kitchen has now lost a family of customers due to this experience.

4  Thank Mr_Cake
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

The food was lovely the only problem was it took ages for us to get our food. We waiting 40 mins for starters then another 35 mins for mains. They need more staff who know that they are doing. We found staff not that friendly and we had to keep asking for cutlery. Not sure would go back too long we had to wait for food especially when you have hungry children.

Date of visit: September 2018
donny k, Owner at Joy Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2018

Hi Neeta,

We apologise for the inconvenience you experience in Joy Kitchen especially for delayed food and unfriendly member of the staff.
We take our customers' concerns seriously and will have this looked into.

I am so glad you enjoyed your meal and I m understanding how frustrating wait for your food especially with hungry children as have 3 children myself.

Actually we are short of staffs in the kitchen, I mention this only as an explanation rather than an excuse and apologies for this

We will make it up to you so please email joy.kitchen2016@gmail.com or call us in your convenient time.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kindly regards
Donny

Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

The food is amazing , I try maybe 10/12 different plate , all amazing , the owner very friendly, the service takeaway is efficient and always in time ..

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

My third visit here and the food has been absolutely delicious every time. Great price as well. I have never experienced any service issues as some reviewers have mentioned, but then there has never been more than a handful of people in the restaurant.

Please Joys Kitchen - dim the lights in the evening, add a few tea lights, make it more atmospheric. (Pato Lounge do this really well). It wouldn’t take much. I’m sure so many more people would be tempted to come in. I don’t want it getting too busy so I can’t get a table, but with the quality of the food you serve, you deserve to be packed out!

Date of visit: August 2018