See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Our room was extremely spacious, clean, warm and comfortable. Breakfast which was cooked by our hosts was excellent.

History of the building was also interesting to discover.

Close to the Glenorchy Mountain Bike Park.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 April 2013

The B&B is simply lovely. The colonial charm and coziness is wonderful. My wife and I really enjoyed our stay here. The complimentary cake and hot beverages (and not forgetting the pott in the room), are added delight. We even received a complimentary upgrade to a larger room.

Breakfast is good (if there is an option, I would recommend the cooked breakfast rather than the continental breakfast - Tricia is a good cook). Rocco has great tips to travel around Hobart and Tasmania. Undine is very near to Cadbury factory and MONA Museum, but you need to have your own transport to travel around. Thank you Tricia & Rocco, for making our stay a memorable one.

Sandra & Jega

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Frequent T
Reviewed 6 March 2013

After staying at a B&B that was smelly and old we were pleasantly surprised with Undine. Tricia and Rocco were so welcoming and provided cakes, chocolates and port as complimentary inclusions. The room was spacious, clean and had everything you could want. When we return to Hobart, this is where we will stay!

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2012

I was travelling alone and wary of the B&B experience, but was made to feel very welcome- including the welcoming text message. My room 'Joshua' was cosy and had the old world feeling I was after. My hosts gave me valuable advice about the best way to 'do' the MONA, and I enjoyed a quiet read and glass of complimentary port on the front verandah in the late afternoon sunshine. Coincidentally, Blondie were playing the Derwent Entertainment Centre and I grabbed a ticket and had a great time- only 5 minutes' drive away! I had a lovely stay and would definitely recommend Undine to anyone.

Room Tip: 'Joshua' is a small room but perfect for one person, and the lovely outlook onto the garden and afternoon sunshine make it just delightful.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Allison L
Reviewed 3 December 2012

Undine was a bit different to what I expected.

Our room, small, furniture hodgepodge of styles, en suite basic and a corner tap basin next to the door were all pretty average to what other reviews left me to expect. The bedding was nice and attractive.

It is near the main highway out of Hobart but extremely quiet with good parking. It's not close to anything, only close to the over rated MONA gallery.

The common areas were cosy and warm perfect for winter, but on a warm spring day found it stuffy with no opening windows. In summer there is no air conditioning and it would be uncomfortable in the small heritage style rooms.

Garden surrounding the old house, is quite over grown with old broken furniture and older kids swing set that were obviously the kids of the owner. If this is meant to be a selling point, it needs updating as is the pool on offer with restricted hours and looks uninviting to my husband and I.

Breakfast only offered toast, as much as we wanted but this was sitting in the family's kitchen whilst the owners grilled us with questions. I certainly expected a bit more for the price and I think the room we had was the cheapest. A separate area should be provided for breakfast. I just wanted to sit and read the paper they had kindly provided not be asked endless things. I know a B&B is personal but this seems a bit too much.

They were very friendly but we paid $150 for the stay worth $80. Very over priced. To pay these tariffs a lot of money needs to be thrown at updating the place, though we found Tassy accommodation to be rather overpriced. It must be difficult to get things perfect for each guest, for me it was a real miss.

• Stayed: October 2012
UndineHobart, Owner at Colonial Accommodation @ Undine, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our B&B.

We are sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations.

Joshua’s room is our standard room and yes is considerably smaller than our other rooms. This room was the original Class Room in 1840 when Mrs Stevens ran Undine as a Seminary for Young Girls.

But we have managed to include a shower, toilet, hand basin, queen bed, Huon pine bedside cupboards, TV, DVD player, Heater, Cooling Fan and complimentary port and chocolates.

A Continental Breakfast was included with this room, which offered a selection of 2 juices, Homemade Muesli, Weet-bix, Rice Bubbles, Cornflakes, Bran & Coco pops along with 3 to 4 fruits and yoghurt. Toast Wholemeal, wholegrain and white with homemade raspberry, blackberry and marmalade are provided along with endless cups of tea / Coffee or Milo. This was offered to you during your stay.

The Guest Lounge area with the complimentary tea & coffee, home baked biscuits and cakes with fresh milk does have opening windows and a cooling fan. Opening windows are also provided in the sunroom overlooking the rear garden.

Being a Heritage Listed building we apologise but we are unable to install air conditioners, however the building does provide a natural insulation with its huge sandstone blocks.

We are sorry that you feel the room with breakfast for 2 was overpriced; Booking through a wholesaler is always a little more expensive than going through our direct website.

We have taken on board your comments regarding the garden and yard and acknowledge that this area is hard to keep on top off with our recent weather in Hobart.

Thanks again for taking the time to review our property; I hope that the remainder of your stay in Hobart was enjoyable.

Regards,