“Had an amazing day!”
Review of Rockliffe Hall

Rockliffe Hall
Reviewed 5 September 2012

My mam and dad bought me a spa day a Rockcliffe Hall for my birthday.

This was the third time me and my mam have been, and this was the best experience we have had. I was a little bit worried, as the first time we had gone to the spa it was very new and seemed so quiet - I thought this time it may have looked a bit tired and been busy. This was not the case, it still looks brand new!

When we arrived we were greeted by the reception staff who took us straight up to the restaurant for a welcome drink and to fill in some forms. I have a peanut allergy, and when I told them about this is was not a problem. The spa manager even came over to put my mind at rest.

After completing all of the forms, we were taking to the changing rooms, and explained about our treatment times. The treatments were amazing! I have had a lot of treatments in the past, as I am a beauty therapist myself but this was one of the best. Every time i have been to the spa, Charlotte has done my treatments and every time she has made me feel comfortable and relaxed. We had a full body exfoliation, a massage and facial. My skin felt lovely and all of the tension in my back had gone.

The only problem I have is that the shop did not have the moisturizer that i wanted, which had been used in the treatment! This was disappointing.

The meal was amazing and luckily it was a nice day so we could sit on the terrace looking out at the grounds.

We finished the day with time in the spa, which was perfect, there was more people there than the last time but wasn't too overcrowded.

We will be back when we can afford it!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Rockliffe Hall

Reviewed 5 September 2012

Stayed here with my husband as a treat for my 50th birthday. Staff are fantastic, friendly and attentive. We stayed in a suite in the old hall ( Spielman 5 ) which was gorgeous - huge bed, seating area with two sofas, walk in wardrobe, and an extra TV in the bathroom. The Spa is fabulous. We ate in The Brasserie and The Clubhouse on the first day and had breakfast the following morning in The Orangery. All the restaurants are excellent. This is a very impressive hotel, and a perfect place for a special occasion.

Room Tip: Old Hall rooms are very large but have no air conditioning. Our room (Spielman 5) on the first floor...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2012

The quality and luxuriousness of the hotel and relaxing surroundings has made this one of my regulars whether it be with friends or as a couple.
From the moment you step inside you begin to feel relaxed and the staff are very friendly and helpful doing all they can to help you enjoy your stay.
Afternoon tea is a must and a pre dinner cocktail in the bar is wonderful. We have dined in both the restaurant and the brasserie, both of which are lovely, though if I am being really picky some of the brasserie food can be really salty and room service breakfast is decidedly average and needs further attention.  When a place is as good as this you expect everything to be absolutely top notch...
The spa is wonderful, though perhaps lacking in an outdoor seating area, and a different drinks selection - teas, coffees for instance.
A perfect place for chilling out, will definitely be visiting again

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 September 2012

The moment we entered the drive of this hotel we were impressed it was so well kept and very the staff were amazing they could do enough for us. The rooms very large we had a ground floor room in the new area of the hotel with french door leading out onto a patio area which was lovely we had champagne sitting out before dinner. The restaurants were very good with attentive staff and excellent food. They have a large pool and spa area which again were beautifully decorated and relaxing. My husband and I will be staying at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor room in the new hall.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Without doubt one of the classiest but friendly and accommodating hotels I've ever stayed in with facilities to suit all needs and the most incredible food experience. From a game of golf, run in the well equiped gym or relax in the spa it has it all and don't be put off taking children as the staff are marvellous in welcoming them too.

Room Tip: All Suites or room 311 this time which was really quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hurworth-on-Tees
35.2 km away
4.2 km away
Blackwell Grange Hotel
Blackwell Grange Hotel
#8 of 21 in Darlington

Been to Rockliffe Hall? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Rockliffe Hall

Address: Rockliffe Hall Hurworth-On-Tees | County Durham, Hurworth-on-Tees, Darlington DL2 2DU, England
Region: United Kingdom > England > Durham > Darlington > Hurworth-on-Tees
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hurworth-on-Tees
Price Range: $320 - $646 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:5 star — Rockliffe Hall 5*
Rockliffe Hall is the only five red star hotel in the North of England. Set on a magnificent 18th century estate on the banks of the River Tees, Rockliffe Hall is a destination in itself. Rockliffe Hall's world-class spa and golf course, well-equipped meeting rooms, three restaurants and sublime service ensure it is the perfect place to escape and relax, to do business, and to create memories that will linger on. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd, lastminute.com.au, Agoda and Cancelon so you can book your Rockliffe Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Rockliffe Hall Hotel Hurworth-On-Tees