1,072 results
All reviews four poster bed murder mystery surrounding countryside farmers bar fan heater beautiful building sunday carvery evening meal wedding venue wedding reception lovely setting black pudding lounge area food was fantastic lady on reception lovely room standard room
Reviewed 11 May 2018

My husband and I stayed here for one night and it was absolutely amazing. The hotel itself was stunning and the staff were fantastic, nothing was too much trouble. The restaurant was lovely and the food was delicious. Highly recommend staying here.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank greyone2016
Mrs S, Owner at Best Western Walworth Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Dear greyone2016,

Thank you for your recent review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will pass your comments onto the team. We hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 10 May 2018

Lovely spot with gorgeous views across the countryside, fantastic food & excellent service in the restaurant, we stayed in the King James room which is the size of 3 standard rooms with living area / couch and full of original features as it might have done when he stayed in the 1600's. We had a young family and the staff went out of their way to carry bags and accommodate our baby and toddler.
Will definitely be back!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank paulswift2015

Dear Paul,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review about our hotel, it really is appreciated. We hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 10 May 2018

We stayed at Walworth Castle for 3 nights to celebrate our wedding anniversary, this was our second visit this year and again all the staff were really welcoming and did everything possible to make our stay really special. It was a lovely surprise to find rose petals, chocolates and a card from the staff on our 4 poster bed.The room was lovely and also very clean and the housekeeper went out of her way to make sure we had extra milk and was also kind enough to take photos of us outside the castle.
The restaurant food was fantastic, especially the pancakes at breakfast and again all the restaurant staff were really friendly.
We are hoping to return again later in the year, thank you everyone for a fantastic stay.

Room Tip: Castle rooms are large
1  Thank sarahmgf2018
Mrs S, Owner at Best Western Walworth Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Dear sarahmgf2018,

Thank you so much for your recent review. Firstly congratulations on your wedding anniversary, and thank you for choosing to stay at Walworth Castle Hotel. We really appreciate all your comments and I will certainly pass them onto all the staff involved in making your stay so special. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 9 May 2018

Ignore stupid comments like the rubbish ice cream one - the girl tried her best - bless her. I’ve done this type of work and when staff is low yes it’s hard- but you don’t slag off a beautiful hotel if you can’t get a flipping ice cream- pathetic!!!

We’ve had a perfect stay. Rooms food and staff all truly amazing. It should be 5 star in every aspect. It’s so good we will stay again. The trip down the dungeon was incredible and I think a wedding here would be unforgettable. The grounds are beautiful and so relaxing.

I won’t ever forget my roast beef dinner. It was simply the best. I always reckon my roast dinners are unbeatable but this one was sensational. The beef so tender. Wish I lived nearer as I’d do a Sunday lunch regularly. Well done to everyone in front and behind the scenes - you really do get top marks - and more!!! Ah yes cheers

Room Tip: It’s all simply perfect. Truly perfect
Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ren264

Dear Ren264,

Thanks for your review. We really do appreciate your feedback, and it is difficult when guests take one aspect of their experience and base a review solely on this. Thanks for highlighting this and fighting our corner! :)

I am absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope to see you back at the castle very soon.

Reviewed 9 May 2018

Me and my wife decided to go away for the bank holiday so booked Walworth Castle. The staff are indeed helpful but i can't help feeling that we wouldn't stay here again. The room was fine, it had a modern four poster bed made to look old so didn't really work, the shower was fine with plenty of hot water, no bathrobes, tea and coffee available in the room. The castle itself has a garden to sit out in with nice views of the countryside, the evening meal was poor, it looked a bit cheap and processed, the breakfast was a little better but again it all felt a little under budget for us. It's a shame because the staff do try their best.

Dear p10bla,

Thanks for your review. I am sorry that you wouldn't stay with us again, as we try to make everyones stay as special as possible. Other than your evening meal and not having any bathrobes, its difficult to know what you didn't enjoy, although appreciate that our hotel may not be to everyones taste. Thanks for your feedback.