“Unmemorable”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 April 2017

We dined at Au Petit Chez Soi at the recommendation of our innkeeper, and really can't remember much about it.
The ambiance was pleasant, the food was standard French without any of it being memorably good or bad, and the service was correct.

Reviewed 27 October 2016

The chance to actually eat escargots out of their shells was too much to pass up.
the beef was done to perfection and the waiting staff were kind and accommodating to our language shortcomings.
Very small place that was a challenge to find parking the night before the Brocante (flea market)

Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

On my trips to our France office (Rueil-Malmaison) I always stay in the same hotel (Holiday-Inn Bougival) and I always try to find a new restaurant on walking distance. This one is a 30 minute walk. A good choice, I really enjoyed the restaurant. It's perhaps not perfectly cozy, but food and service wise it's a proper restaurant.
I started outside on the terrace in the back where I enjoyed a very taste and classically prepared foie gras starter, accompanied by a glass of wine recommended by the owner (a very nice lady).
Unfortunately it started raining and I had to move. I had my main course outside in the front under the sunshade. The steak was perfectly cooked and very tasty. And accompanied by a nicely matching wine.
Overall I liked the restaurant, but I must say it's rather expensive. But yeah, great quality!

Reviewed 5 July 2014

My husband and and I ate at Au Petit chez soi for our last meal of our three week honeymoon through France and Italy. We both agree that is was one of the best meals we have had on our trip! The staff was very friendly and attentive...The food was delicious and the portions were the perfect size. I ordered the scallops and they were done to perfection (not over cooked). My husband ordered the steak and he said it was fabulous. Wine was great, dessert and coffee was wonderful and the price was worth the ambiance and quality. Would highly de come this restaurant!

Reviewed 21 May 2014

At recent lunch had foie gras & crab/avocado starter followed by truffle ravioli and sea bass mains. All fine with exception of slightly cotton-woolly fish. Staff were very friendly and the place is welcoming to small children. Nice-looking courtyard terrace for sunny days. Would be a nice neighbourhood place if wasn't for inexplicably high prices. Our lunch with one shared dessert, two coffees and a bottle of modest wine came to 130 euros!