“Red Kites Retreat exceeds all expectations”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Richard C
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Red Kites Retreat exceeds all expectations”
Reviewed 17 August 2012 for a stay in August 2012
people found this review helpful

Red Kites' Retreat, with it's magnificent views of the mountains, is a fantastic place to stay. The owners gave us a very warm welcome and from the minute we arrived, we felt relaxed in this stunning house. The photographs on Sykes Cottages website don't do this property justice. All the bedrooms are decorated to an exceptionally high standard and are bigger than large doubles. The open-plan living area is also spacious with access to lower patio area (a real sun-trap) with far reaching views. There is an added benefit of a table tennis table (on outside grassed area) overlooking the mountains. There is also a badminton net on the upper grassed area next to the large decked area.

The cottage is well placed for visiting places along the coast and around Snowdonia (approx. 40 minutes drive). Local National Trust properties (Bodnant Gardens, Penrhyn Castle , Plas Newyd) are all within easy driving distance.

We have stayed in many luxury holiday cottages over the years - this has to be the best by far. If you are contemplating staying in this area of North Wales, this has to be the place to stay.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Stunning views and great location
Liked least: There was nothing to dislike about this cottage
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Gaz908
Colwyn Bay, United Kingdom
“A fantastic getaway you won't want to leave!”
Reviewed 18 July 2012 for a stay in July 2012
people found this review helpful

Being a firefighter work can be pretty hectic at times to say the least so when I was looking for a fews days escape from my everyday life and to recharge my batteries I began my search in the north Wales area as I know it well. My search lead me to a small village called eglwysbach which is a lovely small village with very warm welcoming people. It is an idealic welsh village with plenty of history and character in its own right. The drive from the village to the accommodation is made along a small country road up a hillside which adds to the beauty of your stay because once you are there you really have a sense of peace and being away from everyday civilisation. Then you are hit by the views! And what can I say! North Wales is blessed with some of the best views on offer and the views up here do not disappoint. On my arrival I had a nice warm friendly welcome from the family who really went out of they're way to make me feel at home. Then I set foot in the property and what can I say.....beautiful. From the flawless finish to the fantastic decor and the stunning views from many of the windows I was breathless. The attention to detail and the time, love and effort that has been put in this place is apparent immediately and really is a credit to the family. Almost every room is and adventure in its self with all the different features. I fell in love with the place immediately and found it difficult to leave even just to pop to the local shop! But if you manage to pull yourself away from the cottage then you will find some of the best attractions north Wales has to offer. Such as betws y coed, a personal favourite of mine with some lovely places to eat and drink and the seaside resort of Llandudno. The stay was just what I needed and more, and the accommodation as a whole really did exceed my expectations. I will most definitely be returning hopefully in the not so distant future. This place really has left a lasting impression on me for all the right reasons! What a beautiful place.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The accommodation is second to none and the spectacular views
Liked least: Having to leave! I really can't fault the place
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing