We stayed at Cap Maison in March of last year and had a lovely stay. Our room was beautiful -- a great rooftop terrace, lovely views, and more space than we had any idea what to do with. Although there were only two of us, I think this would be a really terrific place for families or a group of friends because of the layout of the suites. We arrived from another resort across the island, and were shown originally to an enormous room with a rooftop pool. I asked the young woman if we had been upgraded and she said yes. We were thrilled! It was subsequently determined, however, that another couple had been arriving from the same resort the same day, and the hotel had inadvertently shown us to the wrong room. Kind of disappointing to lose the giant pool, but, as I mentioned, our actual room was lovely, too, just somewhat less opulent. :) The food at the restaurant was quite good, although, as some others have noted, the service can be a little erratic -- sometimes it was terrific, sometimes (usually at peak dinner time) it took a rather long time between courses and it was hard to get someone's attention. I got the sense that the flaw was not with the servers themselves but just that maybe the hotel just needed to staff one or two people for the dinner rush.
The resort facilities themselves (rooms, pools, gardens, etc.) were spectacular, although I was little disappointed by the beach, which was very small.
Overall, we had a very pleasant stay in a gorgeous room at Cap Maison!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cap Maison is a new family owned and managed five star boutique resort. Located above a beautiful secluded sandy cove on the north west coast of St Lucia, Cap Maison offers luxury private villa suites, many with private rooftop pools. Facilities include a waterfront fine dining restaurant, spa, fully equipped fitness centre, walk in wine cellar, beach club with chaise lounge service, free non motorised water sports, a hiking and running club, private 46 foot resort boat, club lounge with (computer access) and concessionary golf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Priceline, lastminute.com.au, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Cap Maison reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cap Maison Hotel Cap Estate
- Cap Maison Gros Islet
- Cap Maison Hotel Gros Islet
- Cap Maison St. Lucia/Cap Estate