“Disappointing”
Review of The Farmers Inn

The Farmers Inn
The Farmers Inn
Reviewed 10 August 2016

On arriving the first thing we were told was that there was no Wi-Fi in the rooms only in the pub. This is fine if you only want to use Wi-Fi during pub opening hours and if you are able to concentrate with the noise of a pub when it is busy. We then had to choose our breakfast for the following morning and I asked if there was porridge. I was told that they didn’t serve porridge, but when I said I just wanted raw oats I was told that they could find me some. The room was spacious with plenty of places for clothes and a good shower; however the drain was partially blocked so I had to keep waiting for the water to drain away before I turned the water on again. The bed was very comfortable and the room was quiet. That evening we ate in the restaurant and I had an excellent lentil soup. My husband and I both ordered the chicken pie as a main dish. However on tasting it it was so salted that you couldn’t taste anything other than salt. As the restaurant was busy and I felt that clearly something had gone wrong with this dish I decided not to call a member of staff to the table as other diners were within earshot. I went to the kitchen area and spoke with an older man who seemed to be the manager/owner and explained the problem to him. He went into denial mode, told me that the pie was always made to the same recipe and that no one else ever complained. He refused to taste the dish himself saying that there was no need and that I probably was not used to the herbs that were used. Grudgingly he offered to let us order something else. At breakfast the following morning I was greeted by this individual who told me that they did have the porridge but that it had gone bad and had to be thrown away! As any website will tell you the shelf life of porridge is 12 to 24 months and if stored correctly it has a shelf life of 28 years. I can only conclude that the kitchen is not well managed with regard to stock turnover. I would add that this is the first place in Scotland I have stayed where porridge has not been on the menu!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan h

Reviewed 3 August 2016 via mobile

Just returned from a brilliant meal for 5 of us. Each of us had a different meal and all were excellent. So much choice! Was advised that the sticky toffee pudding was awesome and yep it was!!! Would recommend this place to anyone. Service was superb and just had a great feel about the place.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2016

Dropped in for lunch last Tuesday. Fantastic welcome. Great ambience. Superb food and sensible prices. Go again? You betcha!! All four of us had different meals, but all had one verdict - EXCELLENT! The bar looked good too but we were driving on.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 June 2016

We stayed for one night in one of the spacious chalet rooms. There's plenty of parking right at the door of the room which has a veranda and bench seat. The rooms have plenty of storage space and are clean and comfortable, with a good shower, TV, coffee and tea making facilities and even a hairdryer next to the mirror! It's quaint and

Room Tip: An end room.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2016 via mobile

Brought one off my friends to the farmers inn for a meal, and we both enjoyed it staffs friendly foods fantastic portions are amazing and the drinks to choose from for a small pub are fantastic they are that good I stayed on with a local in the pub and had a few drinks after my meal will be back again soon

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends

Been to The Farmers Inn? Share your experiences!