“Sadly Disappointed”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 July 2017

It's been awhile since we last visited Red Lobster, here or elsewhere, and this was probably the last time we will give them a go. While there are some good and reasonably-priced options, the menu has become much more limited than in the past. There really were few options for anything crab other than crab legs; not much for lobster other than over-priced whole lobsters or over-priced add-on tails; and almost nothing for scallops! In fact, I found only two scallop options: one was with a platter which had bay scallops and a couple of items I was not interested in; the other was the "Pick 2/3/4", in which case 4 sea scallops was an add-on of $2.49 (over 62 cents per scallop), and they were just okay.

The "Pick 2/3/4" seems like a reasonable deal, starting at $18.49, but numerous options, such as the scallops and the small piece of sirloin my husband ordered, are an extra upcharge ($3.49). These upcharges are NOT for something extra (for instance, getting the 2 items PLUS the scallops or steak), but simply for those items being one of your 2/3/4 choices.

The biscuits are still delicious albeit noticeably smaller, and don't even get me started on the outrageous charge of $1.99 for a small ear of corn! No kidding... and that's as a replacement side, not in addition to.

Though our waiter was very pleasant and trying to tend to us well, the restaurant was clearly understaffed (though not very busy). We were not offered more biscuits, we needed to ask for butter and cocktail sauce, and we had to ask twice for a take-out box. I think he wanted to be attentive but could not due to being spread out over a large area.

The one positive thing is that the music was very muted, which we appreciated; we don't like being blasted out by someone else's musical preferences.

Sorry, Red Lobster, it was a really disappointing experience and not like it used to be.

Reviewed 13 July 2017

we tried the red lobster in the villages for the first time on the 10th July. I have always fancied trying the red lobster but never got round to it. Got to say, very impressed. I had a new york strip with lobster tail. absolutely excellent and cooked to perfection. the service was superb,
not the cheapest place $200 for 4 of us, but you get what you pay for,
got to recommend this place for anyone wanting some top food
many thanks Red Lobster, I will be back

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Nice place , very clean, staff was very friendly & the food was delicious. We were served in a very timely manner. I recommend this restaurant

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

No wait on a Friday night, what a treat! Food and service by Erica were excellent. Ok, now that I had my Red Lobster fix, I'll be good for a couple of weeks.

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

Our group was promptly seated at our reservation time. However, beverage service was slow as we reviewed the menu, which featured many drink selections. Wine prices were high. The seafood selections were limited unless one has a appetite for shrimp. The dinner prices were moderate to high for the selections. Service was attentive and "to go" boxes were readily available, even for the dessert items which came with the 4 course dinner (the best deal on the menu). Ordering a few appetizers could make a nice dinner for two. Worth a try.