All reviews venison meat and fish roman ruins mussels main building on display sunday lunch crevettes two courses main course lovely hotel booked a table staff were attentive car park the blue room wine list an evening meal
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

I just wrote a review (son’s 21st celebratory meal) and think I forgot to apply a star rating, so here it is!

We finally got together having booked earlier in the month, only to have to cancel, as our son and daughter couldn’t travel back, due to the snow.

We love it here, the service is always friendly and efficient and the staff are kindly. The choice of food and drink is wide enough for anybody, which all told, makes it value for money.

Always helpful too, when they order a taxi for you, as it always comes swiftly.

Great stuff, thank you.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for the weekend. We had a fantastic stay. Absolutely everything from the hotel, the staff & the surroundings werr great. The building is historic and has been converted brilliantly. The staff were fantastic. It was a busy weekend, the bar staff worked through it with no problems & always had a smile on their face. The food was great. As a manager myself & my husband a chef, being here was just lovely. Everything ran smoothly from the service provided to fresh products & ingredients. My husband & I are thinking of leaving a large city. Not only would we return to visit but also a great place to work.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Lovely evening in a great place. Starters were the chorizo & I had mussels, both really nice. We both then went for fish, hake & black bream. Black bream was delicious, oven baked in salt then filleted in front of me, had it with new potatoes & Mediterranean roasted veg, outstanding! The staff were all helpful & attentive. Can't wait to go back!! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2018

I loved my stay here. Peaceful location, beautiful furniture in the room, soft mattress, a 'real' key! Loved the character and age of the place. Lovely colours throughout. Although the menu is geared towards meat and fish eaters, I had a tasty vegetarian meal, in the restaurant, in the evening. Breakfast was plentiful and varied. The whole place has a romantic feel, and I shall be returning when I get the opportunity:).

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 30 March 2018

We stayed here for one night in March. Upon check in we were upgraded to a suite up the main staircase from the restaurant. The room was lovely with great views over the gardens and then open countryside. The restaurant looked great but we didn't eat there as we already had plans. Breakfast was freshly cooked and delicious.

We will stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple