We have just returned from staying 10 nights here.
DONT stay here if you have kids,as there is nothing for them to do, and no organised activities.
DONT stay here if you want bars and restaurants on the doorstep, and things going at 100 mph.
DO stay here if you want peace and quiet on an outstanding beach, which sees wonderful sunsets.
We had a garden villa, which was enormous.A jacuzzi, shower, loo, twin basins were outside at the rear. Covered with a slatted roof and the sides filled in, it was completely private.
Out in the front garden was a plunge pool. sunbed,table and chairs and private massage area. All set amidst tropical plants and flowers.
Inside the 2 twin beds were enormous, satellite tv,dvd,tea/coffee, minibar, complimentary fruit and water daily.
Drinks were a bit pricey, but there was happy hour every day 5 - 6.30 when beer and cocktails were half price. The restaurant also served up complimentary snacks at this time also.
Breakfast was amazing. After swimming 20 lenghts of the fair sized swimming pool every morning, smiling faces were always ready to greet us "Sawadee Kai" and a coffee latte with no froth was soon perfected.
The onsite spa was a little disappointing as I only saw 1 person having a massage for 1500 baht, when they were on the beach everywhere for 250-400 for the same.
The hotel arranged for us to hire a scooter as We wanted to explore the island, but always wanted to come back for the peace.It was more than if you booked off resort, but at least you knew you were hiring something road worthy and not being ripped off, and at £5 a day was well worth it.
We have hired scooters before so these roads were no problem after having ridden in Goa. But much concentration and carefulness should see you ok.
Chaweng and Lamai are places to avoid if you like the solitude. McDonalds, Burgerking etc should give you a clue.
The hotel also booked taxis for airport etc.
We also enjoyed free wifi during our stay. Not always available, but 90% I would say,
Overall, we found nowhere nicer on the island that looked better for the money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A luxury boutique resort and spa located directly on the beach front commanding spectacular views of the Koh Samui coast and nearby islands, Sunset Beach Resort & Spa's superbly appointed beachfront villas and sunset rooms sit amidst our private, tranquil spa and gardens where the only sound is the gentle rhythm of the sea. The Sunset Beach Resort & Spa, Taling Ngam offers 21 uniquely decorated rooms and villas. Sunset rooms are located above reception in a two storey building. Garden villas are positioned around the swimming pool and of course the beach front villas are right by the sand and sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, Wotif.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Sunset Beach Resort & Spa, Taling Ngam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sunset Beach Resort & Spa, Taling Ngam Hotel Taling Ngam
- The Sunset Beach Resort And Spa, Taling Ngam
- Ban Sabai Sunset Beach Hotel
- The Sunset Beach Resort & Spa, Taling Ngam Ko Samui, Asia