This place is clean and new compared to most places we stayed on the island. Rooms were quaint and comfortable,and set in a nice garden setting, not on the beach front as we were expecting and you actually have to cross a road to get from the center to where the rooms are situated. Some of the rooms also smell of sewage from time to time , and was told that this is normal in Thailand due to lack of pressure in the sewage systems, which i didnt exactly understand but the language barrier of the person working the reception kept me from enquiring deeper. I spoke to other guests and it seemed this was only a problem in the house we were in and not throughout the other houses, there are 8 rooms per house. The food is good and included in the cost of staying, and the menu changed nightly and is served buffet style 2 times a day, they also have a a la carte menu which you can pay for, a juice bar which was limited but good also at an extra cost. Not exactly the place for backpacking budget conscious travelers as everything was 30-40% more than any other place we visited, especially the wellness center which was astronomically priced compared to the bodywork you can have just down the road, we estimated a 700% increase for the same therapies, yes 700%, which doesnt exactly make for a cheap vacation. Also getting here may is a kind of a hassle as most taxi drivers havent heard of it, you can however get a taxi shuttle from the center for a slightly higher cost. The workshop we took was amazing, teachers were informative and well trained and i would study with either of the 2 we studied with again. So in a nut shell if money is not an issue i would recommend this place to anyone, however anyone on a budget could not begin to think about staying here as it is way higher priced than most places of similarity on the island. A friend we made at the center also had an awkward situation arise when he was trying to plan transportation to the airport, he enquired about transport and was quoted a price,, realizing he could get a taxi for cheaper he asked if he could make a call to the taxi company and was told he could not, even though it says guests staying have access to the phone right in the brochure. So he was forced to take their taxi service at a higher cost. For what it costs to stay you would assume better service but it seems they are pinching any penny possible and charging you as much as possible, but again if money is not an issue and are looking for quality yoga instruction than i would recommend this place as they do have great teachers and really do their best to have the best traveling teachers come through there to workshop.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Samahita Retreat, the lifestyle retreat center for yoga, fitness and detox, was established in 2003 on the island of Koh Samui, and has been called by many a "hidden gem" located on the quiet beach of Bang Kao. Owned and directed by Master yogi, educator and researcher, Paul Dallaghan, our yoga and wellness retreat center has been a location for practice, learning and holiday for literally tens of thousands of guests from all walks of life over the years. Being the original Yoga Thailand, our center has grown and developed over the years and now encompasses a wellness center as well as its traditional yoga offerings. The name Samahita is translated from Sanskrit as "centered" or "balanced". To find balance is key - in daily habits, in weight management, in dealing with stress.. Samahita Retreat's clear and dedicated purpose is 'to provide both the tools to work on yourself through specific practices and dedicated programs as well as the environment within to learn, change and renew. Choose from Fixed-date programs such as group yoga retreats or trainings or Flexi-date programs such as the integrated yoga & fitness YogaCoreCycle, health focused programs: detox, de-stress or weight loss. This all inclusive beach resort features 40 rooms suited for single travelers, couples and families. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Samahita Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Samahita Yoga Thailand Retreat Hotel Koh Samui
- Samahita Retreat Ko Samui/Taling Ngam, Asia