Samahita Retreat
USD 110
USD 107
Easy Time Resort(Taling Ngam)(Great Value!)
USD 36
USD 31
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 40/night.

The Sunset Beach Resort & Spa, Taling Ngam(Taling Ngam)(Great Value!)
USD 227
USD 137
Centra by Centara Coconut Beach Resort Samui(Taling Ngam)(Great Value!)
USD 66
USD 56
Agoda.com
Phangka Paradise Resort(Taling Ngam)(Great Value!)
USD 76
Agoda.com
Am Samui Resort(Taling Ngam)(Great Value!)
USD 152
USD 606
USD 316
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 386/night.

USD 1,678
USD 1,498
Priceline
USD 367
TripAdvisor
Hotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewsyoga practicewellness centreteacher trainingdetox programno alcoholdaily lifede stresslife changinginfrared saunavegetarian foodsteam roomkoh samuilose weightpeanut butterexcellent teachersprepared foodloving care
Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

Samahita has been a wonderful experience. My first full yoga and meditation experience. The classes were dynamic and great for people with little or quite a bit of experience of Yoga. Most teachers are great and committed to teaching. The food mostly vegetarian is exquisite! The location is really perfect with the yoga studio right next to the sea. I fully recommend it and will do my best to be back next year.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Axel d, General Manager at Samahita Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Dear Elle E,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience at Samahita Retreat on TripAdvisor!

We are all so thrilled to read you had a great time here with us. We believe connection within through empowering practices and intelligent fitness routines are not only accessible but healing and fun!

We look forward to welcoming you back to our little patch of paradise again should your travels return you to Koh Samui. Please do let us know if we can make any arrangements for you.

Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

Great place to complete a 7-day Detox. The room is very sterile and simple, sufficient for a detox. The bed is quite hard and the pillows are very stiff...Not the easiest to sleep on...

I recommend doing the detox for 7-days and then perhaps 2 - 3 days of their standard Yoga, Core, Cycle program in order to ease back into real life eating. This program includes the buffet food, which for the most part is very clean and lean. If you’re trying to lose weight you can simply decrease your meal portions and take part in their fitness program and you will lose weight.

As for the weight loss program, they charge you $220 USD/per day, as opposed to the standard $160 USD/per day for the Yoga, Core, Cycle program. I did not see the added value in the weight loss program.
Paying $60 more dollars was completely pointless. The only difference is that they serve you three meals as opposed to eating from the buffet (and they provide you with some vitamins/supplements). The actual program does not include any support, meaning the program does not offer any health coaching/lifestyle management, life-coaching, approached to eating, or any other coaching you would usually receive with a standard ‘weight loss management program.’ Instead you receive one complimentary ‘reiki’ session. The program manual states you receive other coaching, but please note this is at an extra cost of approx $80 USD. This was very disappointing as for $60 USD more per day you would at least think you get one session of health coaching, or one-on-one weight-loss management included in the program...Don’t waste your money on this program. It has absolutely no-added value. Samahita is tricky as they don’t really advertise that guests can simply stay at the hotel and do the standard Yoga, Core, Cycle program, but instead advertise a program. This confused me and I therefore thought the only way to continue staying at the hotel was to sign-up
for a specific program like weight loss. It wasn’t until a fellow guest has advised me otherwise...Total value for the detox program, do not do weight-loss, simply do yoga, core, cycle and cut your portions at the buffet. You will lose weight anyway as the food offered at the buffet is very healthy and tastes great!

Furthermore, the weight loss program added un-neccesary stress, as meals were never served on time (20-30 minute wait) and/or never served at all. It was quiet annoying to always have to remind the ‘wellness staff’ to serve your meals, whereas having the liberty to go to the buffet at your own convenience was much less stressful and easier. The majority of the wellness staff also does not speak English, or speaks broken English, which makes it very difficult to communicate efficiently. When you are catering to a predominately Western clientele and are charging premium hotel rates, at the very least you can employ (or train) English-speaking staff. It’s very stressful to try to communicate to staff that does not speak your language, especially when they don’t understand what your saying and cannot help you or bring you the wrong juice or meal. Wellness staff also seemed to have an attitude, all the time...Perhaps Samahita can invest in hiring and training more staff so the current workers are not burnt out and cop attitude from being overworked! Also, on a side note - Staff does not serve breakfast until 9:30/10am, which was big issue for me as before I work out (take part in 7am cycle and 1.5hrs of yoga from 8:30 -
10am) I need to eat something to give me energy. The only option to eat before you do 30-min of high intensity cycling is eating the very unhealthy option of PB and J (peanut butter and jelly on bread), or a banana as the only fruit option. Before I work out I need to eat something healthy and substantial to give me energy. I definitely do not want to eat bread and peanut butter when I am trying to be ‘healthy’ and ‘lose weight.’ This just did not make any sense to me. I tried to voice my opinion and ask for the staff to at the very least serve papaya - They served papaya for the day after my request and then never again...All premium hotels serve breakfast at 6am. Standard time. Again, invest in more staff. This way the hotel staff
can rotate two shifts, day and night and can accommodate a standard and healthy breakfast to hotel guests taking part in morning work out, like any other hotel would.

If you are going to charge premium at least
deliver!

I also found it very schisty and sneaky that the hotel was undergoing major renovation throughout my 16-day stay there and prior to my arrival, the hotel had never informed its guests about it. Not cool at all. At $220/per day the least you can do is treat your guests with honesty and respect. What a pleasant surprise to wake up to construction everyday :) during detox and ‘weight-loss.’

Yoga teachers were cool and international. Have a look for Anouk! She’s awesome, hardcore and a great role model. Try to book your one complimentary session with her. She is a great teacher and guide. The fitness program overall is very efficient and works! Cycling is a great addition that most resorts here do not have.

Samahita offers yoga, meditation, core, cycle. Here is the schedule:

Silent Cycle 7am (every other day
Meditation 7:30 - 8:30am
Ashtanga Yoga 8:30 - 10am
Core 4 - 4:30pm
Cycle 4:30 - 5pm
Restorative Yoga 5 - 6pm
Mediation 7:30 - 8pm

Again, do the Detox Program here, or the Yoga, Core, Cycle! Great value.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Axel d, General Manager at Samahita Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Dear KingLouisXIV,

We’re happy that you enjoyed and benefited from your detox program with us—we have worked hard over the years to hone it into a truly-unique and comprehensive experience. Many guests over the years have experienced life-changing benefits from it. We are glad you are one of them.

Regarding our weight-loss program. This program includes an initial and end-of-program consultation, in which the guest’s goals and future life adjustments are discussed, respectively. Every day during the program, our wellness director, advisors and staff are checking on each guest. The program also includes detailed measurements and takes into account each individual case. This is shown in our daily one-on-one discussions to help guests on the program select from an a la carte menu, and decide foods that coincide with their goals and future wishes for wellness.

As a dynamic and highly-skilled organization—offering a comprehensive and sound yoga foundation, targeted and mindful core workouts and cycling—we offer two types of programs, under the names flexi-date or fixed-date. Fixed-date programs are retreats, organized by a specific start and end date as well as group purpose. Flexi-date programs offer the guest the option of booking only YogaCoreCycle or adding a wellness program to these activities and staying the duration that suits them best.

Thank you so much for mentioning Anouk. I will personally let her know your feedback.

During your stay we were undergoing a property-improvement plan. This specifically enhanced the functionality of our kitchen. The noise was limited to between 10 am and 4 pm (outside of class hours).

We’re excited to report that all rooms have been upgraded, and our kitchen and dining area have been fitted with lovely new features that continue to reflect the environment guests have grown to love over the years. Additionally, we’ve implemented a re-use, re-cycle plan and other responsible features to demonstrate how to act locally and think globally.

Our renovations are now complete. We are excited to welcome guests and hope that, beyond the many hundreds who have experienced life-changing benefits here, many more hundreds benefit from their stay with us.

We appreciate and take your comments seriously. Every word of feedback guests write is important and matters to us. Saying that, we will further discuss your points in-house. I look forward to welcoming you again in a near future.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

Laid back atmosphere, a nice beach, helpful staff and on the whole a good experience. The are good trips organised to markets, local sites and snorkelling on a nearby island. Although the retreat seemed up together work had just started on a 'facelift' a few days before I left.

Room Tip: The loft room is probably the best option
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Paul B
Axel d, General Manager at Samahita Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Dear Paul B,

We are all so thrilled to read you had a great time here with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again.
Facelift will be over by end of October and consisted mainly in painting buildings, rooms, Reception, Wellness and also to upgrade with new decorative cushions... We will also have a new Juice Bar counter and recycling unit.
should your travels return you to Koh Samui, please do let us know if we can make any arrangements for you.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

Samahita Retreat is the perfect location for your yoga training and personal development. The staff are well trained, intuitive and attentive, the location is beautiful and the yoga training with Tiwariji, Paul and team is second to none. Or if you simply want to relax an detox they can also cater to that. I have been visiting with my family for years now (yes, it is also child friendly!) and will continue to do so for many years to come.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Axel d, General Manager at Samahita Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

Hi Rowenahunt,
Many thanks for sharing your experience at Samahita Retreat with others.

We believe that little details make a big difference and are glad they were appreciated. And above all, we are delighted that you experienced warm and caring service.

We look forward to having you back with us again soon!

Reviewed 24 August 2017

I came with my mum to Samahita for a one-week yoga retreat in mid of August 2017. My mum took up the flexible yoga-core-cycle programme while I took up the de-stress programme on top of the flexible yoga-core-cycle.

Samahita is located at the south of Koh Samui, at a pristine and relatively peaceful stretch along Laem Sor beach. On the onset, I love the view of the place - the swimming pool is right beside the beach, and we get to do most of our yoga and core classes at the Beach Shala, which is adjacent to the beach as well. Imagine doing yoga in the morning and listening to the birds chirping from the trees around the shala, and the waves of the sea lapping against the shore - that was a truly therapeutic experience.

The classes were conducted by the resident fitness instructors who took time to correct and guide my mother and I on our various postures. As a result, we got to learn more much more about yoga and meditation techniques than what we have been respectively taught in Singapore.

Food-wise, I had initially thought that my mother and I would not get used to the mainly vegetarian diet (with some fish on selected days), but the mix of salad and vegetarian / vegan dishes turned out to be really tasty and delicious! In fact, I loved it so much that when we went on the Bophut Walking Street tour on Friday night (one of the optional activities organised by Samahita for us to experience Koh Samui), I was actually missing the food back at the retreat.

My de-stress programme also included a whole host of massages and infrared sauna treatment. I really love the standard of the massages here as they paid attention to my request (for a moderate level of exertion in the massages) and was truly relaxing.

What struck me the most were two particular experiences here which will make me want to revisit the place:

1) Samahita organised a snorkeling trip on Wednesday (3rd day of my week-long stay) but my mum and I missed it as I mistook the start time of the snorkeling. The guest reception then very helpfully organised another private trip for my mother and I at an affordable rate of THB1,500, and even recommended us to do it on a Friday when the waves were less turbulent. The snorkeling trip turned out to be really amazing as the boatman brought us to two areas with really beautiful coral reefs that were teeming with fish. He even took time to help my mum who did not know how to swim, pulling and supporting her along so she could see the wonders of all the fish in the sea, and even gave her a piece of bread so she could continue feeding the fish after she got back onto the boat. As expected, she was really thrilled by this experience.

2) The next experience came from Samahita's management team, particularly the General Manager, Axel. It was my mother's birthday on one of the days of the yoga retreat, and Samahita had specially prepared a cake for her. As we were out at the walking street, they had placed the cake on our table back in our hotel room (a two-bedroom loft). However, besides giving us a very healthy and delicious cake (it was a banana cake layered with chocolate, with honeydew and cashew nut toppings), Axel had also put on our desk for my mother a handwritten card wishing her happy birthday and a wonderful experience at the retreat. She was really touched by this thoughtful gesture and it gave her a birthday to remember for the rest of her life.

Overall, we had a really fabulous experience and we will definitely come back here again sometime in the near future.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Hi Woon Teng K,

Thank you for choosing Samahita Retreat for your recent stay.

We are grateful for your kind remarks and glad that you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for your comments regarding your Mom's Birthday. All of our staff truly embody, genuine warm Thai hospitality. I am glad that you found their service above and beyond and will happily pass along your comments to them.

Once again, we appreciate your feedback. Looking forward to hosting you in the future.