“I loved the yoga core circle program for 2 weeks :-)”
Review of Samahita Retreat

and 1 more site!
Samahita Retreat
Reviewed 26 July 2017

I had good time during 2 weeks at Samahita,

I learned a lot from their personal coaches and I think I distressed and improved my core strength but also my aerobic capacity and elasticity. In any case, I am not 100% sure because I was not able to measure it subjective-/objectively before and after my stay.

I think the food was amazing good and healthy. It was sad that there were no workshop to learn how to cook it at home (now, when I am back home).

The surroundings are beautiful and quiet from the city noise (when a a tailboat is not sailing around). In any case I missed the amazing sea sunset/sunrise that you can view from the west/east side coast of Koh Samui.

The small services are a great plus:
-The pool and training areas free towel service, the free wifi over the whole resort, the free excursions with tail boat to the corals/islands- or to the local markets and the free umbrella services was really great .

I think the retreat gave me a lot of inspiration to change some things in my daily life to improve my health, even if I did not get a objective/subjective test on improvements I aquired. In any case I missed a way of keep going with such healthy behaviour I had during the retreat (now, when I am back home).

Thank you for a fantastic retreat to the Samahita Crue :-)

Room Tip: Looks like all of them have great standards
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank José C
Axel d, General Manager at Samahita Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2017

Dear Jose C,

Thank you for choosing Samahita Retreat for your recent stay.

We are grateful for your kind remarks and glad that you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for your comments regarding our Yoga Teachers. I am glad that you found their service above and beyond and will happily pass along your comments to them.

Once again, we appreciate your feedback. Looking forward to hosting you in the future.

There are newer reviews for Samahita Retreat

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

It was an amazing experience, everyone was so friendly and helpful. The facilities and classes were great. It was a perfect balance between fitness and rest. The staff were all highly professional. I will definitely be back soon!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Axel d, General Manager at Samahita Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Dear TA member,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We believe that little details make a big difference and are glad they were appreciated. And above all, we are delighted that you experienced warm and caring service.

We look forward to having you back with us again soon!

Reviewed 23 June 2017

After a fabulous month stay for the Yoga Teacher Training program, I would highly recommend Samahita retreat. It is a wonderfully peaceful place to stay with an excellent Yoga Teacher Training program led by experienced and inspirational teachers. There are lots of classes running to suit all levels of yoga and core cycle as well. The food is exceptional; a super healthy vegan/vegetarian fayre with creative and varied daily menus. The wellness/detox program is good, I certainly benefitted from the week I did as a perfect opportunity to 'reset'. Excellent massage treatments. Friendly and helpful staff and good accommodation.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank paulamichelle2017
Axel d, General Manager at Samahita Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2017

Dear paulamichelle2017,
Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience at Samahita Retreat on TripAdvisor!
We are all so thrilled to read you had a great time here with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again should your travels return you to Koh Samui. Please do let us know if we can make any arrangements for you.
Take care

Reviewed 22 June 2017

I'll start with the good.

The Thai staff in the wellness center are extremely talented/well-trained. The best massages I've ever had. Everyone there emanated care for the clients and had an impressively calming presence about them.

A good program that helped me shake up my unhealthy diet. I still reference and fall back on things I learned in the 7-day Candida cleanse that I did here.

Nice atmosphere, ample sitting areas, nice pool (it's not huge though), interesting products available in the on-site store.

Now for the not so good.

Firstly-- a bit of bait and switch arguably took place. I came originally as a member of a group that was not affiliated with Samahita. It was not a yoga course but another kind of healing energetics course that had rented out the space for a 7 day program. The coordinator of that retreat (again, someone not affiliated with Samahita) had distributed a price list to all participants, promoting certain Samahita packages, should we choose to stay on and do something else at the center afterwards. Based on this list I decided to buy the 7-day Candida cleanse package. I was informed (after a few days of confusing back and forth emails and phone calls and attempts at in-person meetings) that an error was made. The actual price was almost double what had been listed on that sheet.

Why did I continue forward anyway and purchase the program in spite of this? One, because I had been very impressed by the place and by the staff during my original retreat. Two, because I knew I needed help cleansing/changing my diet and hoped/had faith that it would ultimately be worth the price.

Not sure if it was or not. As I said, the program was good. It did help me break free from the carb addiction that had been dragging me down for most of last year. But it could have been better. And I have to comment on the attendants or guides who were in charge of monitoring clients' progress and managing daily schedules in the wellness center. Sorry to say this, but the truth is, they were the exact opposite of the Thai staff in that they did not emanate care and did not have a patient or calming or healing air about them. Maybe just our personalities didn't connect, but to me they seemed very hands-off, and lacking passion for helping people. I didn't feel supported by them during the cleanse. They were not personable in my opinion, and they also did not seem knowledgeable about Candida. Instead, I found myself on Skype often with a family member who is a certified nutritionist. She gave me support and interesting insights about Candida as a disease and invasive entity. Deep stuff, based on personal experience, which the coordinators didn't seem able to provide.

Since my Samahita stay, I've went on another diet retreat and had a chance to contrast the two experiences. The counselor was from day 1 deeply involved in my progress and showed a kind of healing concern that was simply massive in comparison to what I experienced at Samahita.

Ultimately I can't really recommend Samahita if you require any kind of significant psychological support. If you have anything like BED, compulsive overeating, extreme carb addiction, or endocrine problems that have caused mental cloudiness & significant weight problems, personally, I don't think Samahita is the right place for you. I think it's a good place for people who just need a break from the daily grind and are seeking a relaxing spa experience. Best wishes everyone.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo

Dear Kirsti335,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Samahita Retreat.
Please allow me to apologize for the disappointing service that you have received during your stay with us. We take pride in taking care of our guests and I regret that we have fallen short of your expectations, especially since we do have psychologist support.
We hope that you will give us a chance to demonstrate a better quality of service during your next visit. I will be more than happy to personally take care of your next booking. You can reach me at: gm@samahitaretreat.com

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

Samahita Retreat was better than I imagined. The accommodations are comfortable with nice bathrooms.

The amenities of Samahita are extensive: the YogaCoreCycle program, wellness/detox, spa, beach, food and of course, yoga.

The teachers at Samahita Retreat are incredible. They care and are passionate about yoga and living well.

The food, which is inclusive, is amazing. There is fish but it's mostly vegetarian fare with vegan and gluten-free options daily. I was beyond satisfied with the food.

There is a gift shop with some travel essentials and yoga props/clothes, mats, books.

Samahita is a special place and the staff become friends. It's a powerfully severe place with a calm and peaceful energy. I highly recommend.

The Yoga Teacher Training through Centered Yoga was profound and life- changing for me. Vinyasa and Ashtanga based program.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo

Dear Carolin M,
Thank you for sharing with us your experience at Samahita Retreat. I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with us. Your kind and generous words have been shared with the team and are appreciated by us all ! I look forward to your return.
Take care

0.2 km away
Easy Time Resort
Easy Time Resort
#5 of 7 in Taling Ngam

Been to Samahita Retreat? Share your experiences!