I had good time during 2 weeks at Samahita,
I learned a lot from their personal coaches and I think I distressed and improved my core strength but also my aerobic capacity and elasticity. In any case, I am not 100% sure because I was not able to measure it subjective-/objectively before and after my stay.
I think the food was amazing good and healthy. It was sad that there were no workshop to learn how to cook it at home (now, when I am back home).
The surroundings are beautiful and quiet from the city noise (when a a tailboat is not sailing around). In any case I missed the amazing sea sunset/sunrise that you can view from the west/east side coast of Koh Samui.
The small services are a great plus:
-The pool and training areas free towel service, the free wifi over the whole resort, the free excursions with tail boat to the corals/islands- or to the local markets and the free umbrella services was really great .
I think the retreat gave me a lot of inspiration to change some things in my daily life to improve my health, even if I did not get a objective/subjective test on improvements I aquired. In any case I missed a way of keep going with such healthy behaviour I had during the retreat (now, when I am back home).
Thank you for a fantastic retreat to the Samahita Crue :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Samahita Retreat, the lifestyle retreat center for yoga, fitness and detox, was established in 2003 on the island of Koh Samui, and has been called by many a "hidden gem" located on the quiet beach of Bang Kao. Owned and directed by Master yogi, educator and researcher, Paul Dallaghan, our yoga and wellness retreat center has been a location for practice, learning and holiday for literally tens of thousands of guests from all walks of life over the years. Being the original Yoga Thailand, our center has grown and developed over the years and now encompasses a wellness center as well as its traditional yoga offerings. The name Samahita is translated from Sanskrit as "centered" or "balanced". To find balance is key - in daily habits, in weight management, in dealing with stress.. Samahita Retreat's clear and dedicated purpose is 'to provide both the tools to work on yourself through specific practices and dedicated programs as well as the environment within to learn, change and renew. Choose from Fixed-date programs such as group yoga retreats or trainings or Flexi-date programs such as the integrated yoga & fitness YogaCoreCycle, health focused programs: detox, de-stress or weight loss. This all inclusive beach resort features 40 rooms suited for single travelers, couples and families. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Samahita Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Samahita Yoga Thailand Retreat Hotel Koh Samui
- Samahita Retreat Ko Samui/Taling Ngam, Asia