USD 200
AVANIhotels.com
USD 25
USD 23
The Sunset Beach Resort & Spa, Taling Ngam(Taling Ngam)(Great Value!)
USD 124
USD 121
USD 65
Agoda.com
Easy Time Resort(Taling Ngam)(Great Value!)
USD 43
USD 42
Phangka Paradise Resort(Taling Ngam)(Great Value!)
USD 75
USD 69
Hotels.com
Am Samui Resort(Taling Ngam)(Great Value!)
USD 76
USD 839
USD 683
Trip.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 785/night.

Aemjai Residence(Taling Ngam)(Great Value!)
Orbitz.com
All reviewsyoga practicewellness centrejuice barteacher trainingno alcoholdetox programde stresslife changinginfrared saunavegetarian foodkoh samuiexcellent teachershand washinner peacelaid back atmospheregreat teachingspinning classes
Reviewed 30 April 2016

Samahita came as a recommendation from a friend who has previously been there on a yoga retreat. I chose the de-stress program as I am in between jobs and needed some time to de-stress, relax and re-charge before my new chapter. I had initially booked a longer program but had to reschedule last minute and were very accommodating. The place is not large but has a nice cozy feel to it. The staff are very friendly and met many yogi's/ other people from all different backgrounds.

The food is mainly vegan with some dairy and fish. I had initially thought that I would be dining on bowls of salad during my stay but pleasantly found a good selection of tasty options. The pool is tiny but there's a private beach right behind it.

Although I was only there for a few days I came our refreshed and relaxed. Such a difference! I'm sure I will be back again and recommend this to anyone who wants to improve in their yoga, need to de-stress and relax or need some time on their own.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
145shadow, Owner at Samahita Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2016

Dear Trinitea

Thank you for sharing your experience on your De-stress program....that is why Samahita was created: to provide a place of retreat, relaxation, education, practice and connection to oneself and other like minded people. We hope you continue your renewed self and hope to see you again soon.

Jutima and the Samahita crew

Reviewed 25 April 2016 via mobile

Wow I had A deep muscle upper body massage with a lady called Noon. I have been in a lot of pain for a long time. Not now I feel wonderful. Lovely place very relaxing. Marvelous. Here you can learn to be a yoga teacher, eat healthy food and have lots of treatments in this beautiful spa on yhe beach. Thank you to the staff.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Louise I
145shadow, Owner at Samahita Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2016

Dear Louise,

Thank you for sharing your experience and glad you are feeling better. I will pass on your positive comments to Noon and the entire team. It's guests like you that we love that we do everyday. Hope to see you back at Samahita soon.

Jutima

Reviewed 10 April 2016

It is a great place for a spring detox. Wonderful, lovely and helpful staff. Perfect yoga retreat right at the beach. Great for meditating at sunrise. Delicious vegetarian dishes. Great massages. Lovely people from all over the world.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
145shadow, Owner at Samahita Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2016

Dear Kate, Thank you so much for sharing your Detox experience at Samahita. We love providing the ideal place for a healthy holiday with like minded people. We hope to see you back again for a Spring Detox.

Jutima & Samahita team

Reviewed 21 March 2016 via mobile

Booked 6 days of the wellness spa pacakage and cycle core yoga. Left 2 days before the check out date ( and no one really inquired why...).
The property was surprisingly small at a nice beach in the southern quiet part of Samui. Swimming pool is very very small. Not enough parasols at the swimming pool or at the beach so it is very hard to spend there the time between classes. This is very dissapointing when the place aspires to be an health center and does not provide enough protection against the strong sun of Samui.
I enjoyed the morning pranayama class and the two daily yoga classes as well. The teachers were very good, however they didn't give enough saftey instructions so I would not recommend beginners to go there. The restorative yoga class in the afternoon was very nice and relaxing.
Yoga shalas are beautiful, however we did not practice on the one that is on the beach because of a workshop that was held there.
Spa treatments were nice, but I had better ones in other places on the island.
Rooms are clean and very basic. Please note that rooms on the ground floor do not have enough privacy. Air conditioning in the room was very noisy and loud and did not cool the room enough (more guests had the same complaint).
The reception service was very rude and unhelpful, when approached them with problems (and there were some problems).
Another issue that I found disturbing was that they do not provide yoga mats or towels for yoga practice (you can buy in their shop. The prices are extremely high and are not Thailand prices). Also bring a bottle of water with you, because if you do not have you will have to buy a plastic one in their shop. I appreciate the eco friendly attitude, but the place seems to be motivated more by money making considerations (which is fine but it is what it is).
Guests of the place are wonderful people from all over the world. They have a great part in creating a nice atmosphere.
Lastly, the food. One of the best things in the retreat was the wonderful amazing vegan and vegetarian food and there was plenty of it.
Bottom line - just okay. At the price you pay here you can book one of the most luxurious resorts on the island or improving your yoga practice somewhere else. I did not feel that I received enough value for the money paid. Maybe if you are doing a group retreat/ workshop you can enjoy Samahita better.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
6  Thank Ofira A
145shadow, Owner at Samahita Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2016

Dear Ofira A, Thank you for sharing your experience. I am sorry that your expectations were not met during your stay with us. We take in consideration all good and bad comments we receive. We will look into getting parasols for the pool/ beach area. I agree that March is the hottest time of the year in Thailand. I also want to clarify that we do have yoga mats for guest use if they are available with reception or yoga teachers. Please understand that the yoga mats we sell in our shop are branded products like Manduka (Germany) which we import and sell the same retail price globally but we are on a small secluded island things often cost more than the mainland. Prior to arrival, you should have received an email about what to bring such as water bottles & yoga mats. We do appreciate your positive comments about our program and food and will work on other areas for continued improvements.

Best wishes, Jutima

Reviewed 18 March 2016

I have been several times to Samahita Retreat, and it has always been a great experience, nice sharing moments, amazing yoga practices. Workshops are of excellent qualities. I was lucky to do my teacher training with Paul, I have learned so much from him. The shala is so nice, excellent for the morning practice. The rooms are very comfortable, very quiet. The food is really top quality. I loved the herbal steamed room. The center is situated in the south of the island, far away from the crowd. I wish I could go back soon!!! I have learned so much while I was there. This is a place of high spirituality. Thanks for being there!!

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
145shadow, Owner at Samahita Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2016

Dear Odyl,

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your compliments and sharing your experience with others. We hope to see you soon and always grateful for your support.

Jutima