Samahita retreat is the place to go, if you are looking for yoga, detox, health, peace and quiet and laughter. This was already my second time around and yes the devil is in the detail, which in my experience is great.
Things are running smooth under the watch full eye of Bob de Jong, the General Manager (it was a pleasure meeting you). He is not only watching over his staff, but is also there for a check up on, chat and laugh with the guests.
The staff at the detox centre is friendly, skilled and help full ( thank you Claudia, Wellness Director and the whole team). It makes detoxing mostly a pampering (!) experience. I do advice to stay on after the detox to get back into the lovely food and Thai flavors of the buffet.
Under Paul Dallaghan's guidance, the yoga teachers and classes are very professional. Ashtanga yoga courses for teachers are often booked out, because of the professionalism.
There is room for every level of Yogi to improve. The level of attention, detail and material (also last year we had enough props, mats and space) is all you (I) need.
The bedroom's are spacious, clean, but the bed is very firm, which does not suit every body.
I agree with the payment issue of not easy to transfer, while so often you can do online credit card payments in an easy way. That is something to work on for samahita.
Thank you so much for looking after me, my health and joy!
Christel Sydney Australia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Samahita Retreat, the lifestyle retreat center for yoga, fitness and detox, was established in 2003 on the island of Koh Samui, and has been called by many a "hidden gem" located on the quiet beach of Bang Kao. Owned and directed by Master yogi, educator and researcher, Paul Dallaghan, our yoga and wellness retreat center has been a location for practice, learning and holiday for literally tens of thousands of guests from all walks of life over the years. Being the original Yoga Thailand, our center has grown and developed over the years and now encompasses a wellness center as well as its traditional yoga offerings. The name Samahita is translated from Sanskrit as "centered" or "balanced". To find balance is key - in daily habits, in weight management, in dealing with stress.. Samahita Retreat's clear and dedicated purpose is 'to provide both the tools to work on yourself through specific practices and dedicated programs as well as the environment within to learn, change and renew. Choose from Fixed-date programs such as group yoga retreats or trainings or Flexi-date programs such as the integrated yoga & fitness YogaCoreCycle, health focused programs: detox, de-stress or weight loss. This all inclusive beach resort features 40 rooms suited for single travelers, couples and families. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Samahita Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Samahita Yoga Thailand Retreat Hotel Koh Samui
- Samahita Retreat Ko Samui/Taling Ngam, Asia