“The Peaceful treat”
other travellers have booked this property
Our Shepherds Hut nestled in a quiet peaceful corner away from the hustle & bustle of your busy
Our cosy,comfy romantic retreat for 2, with views of the hills & beautiful Peak District Luxurious washroom with hot water, electric shower, heated towel rail, toilet & utility area
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
The woodburning stove, perfect for keeping warm on a cold evening, you'll never want to leave!
Wild flowers & wine glasses.....
Summertime in the hut
?? Welcome
'Heart' shutters with a hint of the views beyond......
Out of the gate & down the lane....
Wedding Celebrations ??
Quirky compliments ????
Honeymoon time
Summertime inside thehuteyam
Original cast wheels & a comfy love seat
Alfresco dining / seating area
At the back........
Views over Historic Eyam
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

gypsydowl...
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
“The Peaceful treat”
Reviewed 13 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

My words cannot describe how fantastic our experience at the shepherds hut at Eyam was. It had been booked as a birthday treat for my wife.
We were given a warm welcome by Rachel, shown what was what and where, and then left to settle in, and settle in we did, at this point i must add the homemade birthday bunting hanging up in the shepherds hut was a lovely touch.

Words can not describe how cozy the place is, even more so once the wooden burner was lit and going. It was so peaceful and relaxing to just sit by the fire, radio on low, wine in hand and listen to the evening breeze flow through the trees, with the odd owl hoot on the night air.

After a wonderful nights sleep we were greeted with a breakfast hamper, complete with flasks of tea and coffee. The separate wash facilities were also wonderful, the shower was amazing.

We recommend the Shepherds Hut at Eyam to anybody that wishes to enjoy a peaceful break, my wife and i certainly enjoyed it.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
TeamKimSi
“Shepherd's Delight At The Hut - Eyam”
Reviewed 8 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

We booked for our minimoon, on arrival we greeted by a lovely lovely person - Rachel who owns the hut.
The hut itself is beautiful, cosy and quaint. The little personal touches inside and around the hut,the bunting,the fire pit and table and chairs add a magical feeling to it. For breakfast an amazing and delicious hamper is delivered to your table, again decorated with personal touches and magically and yummy goodies inside. We can't recommend the hut anymore. We have had many holidays together in Europe and Africa and this has to be our favourite. There are many hidden treasures and gems at the hut and in Eyam but I won't spoil them for you, it's more exciting for you to discover them.
We can't wait to come back. Thank you so much for making our minimoon a very special memory.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
ultimatel...
“A honeymoon retreat ”
Reviewed 8 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

My husband and I spent our three night honeymoon here, it was a little piece of paradise for us. Quite, peaceful, beautiful countryside a true place to hide away from the rest of the world.
We where met on arrival and where given a very warm welcome and a guide of the facilities. The hut and surrounding area is beautifully finished to a high standard and freshly cut flowers where just one of the extra touches we enjoyed. The wood burning stove was a delight on a evening and set a peaceful atmosphere, although the hut was warm and cosy enough without lighting it. The bed was large comfortable and bedding was high in quality.
The kitchen and bathroom facilities where modern and cleaned to a high standard. Although the bathroom and kitchen facilities are nearby the owners home we personally didn't feel any encroachment on ours or their privacy. I was perfectly happy to make the small walk by my self to use the facilities at night and was made easier by the use of the torch provided in the hut.
In the mornings we where met with the sweetest breakfast basket filled with flasks of hot tea and coffee, fresh breads with jams and honey my personal favourite was the yoghurt with fruit and granola.
I took a moment to read though the guest book and there wasn't a bad word to be read by previous guests.
We enjoyed the local pubs for our evening meals as recommended by Rachel and we wasn't disappointed. Eyam village is quaint and picture perfect, with a local shop, café and pubs.
If your wanting to escape from the real world and take a breath of fresh air with beautiful surroundings turn off your phones and gadgets then this is the place for you.

MrFHayes9...
Dronfield, England, United Kingdom
“In another world”
Reviewed 24 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016

I've never have been one for publishing my views on anything before, but I just had to let you know about this little gem. My fiancée and I stayed for the second time having stayed at the beginning of the Year, but this time for two nights. With us have very busy lives we found the hut to be the ideal "get away from it all" break. Not only is it peaceful, with beautiful surroundings, great walks and great pubs the hut itself is simply wonderful. Its very cosy, with a very comfy bed and a log fire for those cold nights. outside you have your own picnic area with a small barbecue. The best bit is the breakfast basket, such a treat in the morning.
You couldn't wish for better hosts either, Rachel has really shown off her talent in designing the place to want to stay and the décor works perfectly.
I would highly recommend this as a must do and like me you will want to go back for more.

Bedding & mattresses Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The breakfast basket
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Chaarrlie...
“Mum's birthday treat”
Reviewed 17 June 2016 for a stay in June 2015

A little late with the review but better late than never!
My mum and I stayed here for a couple of nights as a birthday treat - although for couples the hut was just so quaint I knew she'd love it.
Rachel was very welcoming and we had a lovely time exploring the area then coming back to a cosy little hut with a log fire.
Overall a brilliant few days.

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing