“Best pie I've had for 24 years!”

The Bull's Head Inn Foolow Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 7 Restaurants in Eyam
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 October 2016

Thursday night is pie night at The Bull's Head - pie is my husband's favourite food so it was an obvious choice for us. We booked a table earlier during the day then walked across the fields from Eyam that evening to find a warm and friendly pub, already busy at just after 6.30pm.
My husband chose the steak and stilton pie which he described as delicious and I had the minted lamb pie: without a doubt, the most scrumptious pie I have had since my mum died twenty-four years ago!
The staff were attentive but not intrusive and all in all, it was a great evening. We will be leaving details of The Bull's Head in the visitors' file at our holiday accommodation to make sure other guests can enjoy a wonderful meal in a great pub.

Reviewed 7 October 2016

Enjoyed lunch here once again. Good service and lovely food and a great selection too.
Always busy but nice atmosphere. Very friendly and helpful staff. Definitely recommend.
We eat here every time we visit this area,

Reviewed 2 October 2016

Had a wonderful evening at The Bull. Samples different cask ales and all were in excellent condition. The meals we extremely well prepared with fresh ingredients and cooked to perfection. John and his team made us feel right at home and the conversation was lively! We'll be going back later this week before we have to leave the Peaks.

1  Thank 1195richard
Reviewed 30 September 2016

Went to the Bulls head as I had seen they had a pie night with several different pies on offer. The pub doesn't open until 6-30pm in the evening and the pie night must be popular as it was busy at opening time.
We had a chicken ham and leek pie which had lovely large chunks of meat and plenty of it and a minted lamb which was also very plentiful.

Reviewed 20 September 2016

Had a pleasant meal Saturday night. We hadn't booked so lucky to get in, only a few spare tables which tells a story!
Food was very good, home made Beef Wellington was fab! No chips served on a Saturday night but hey, we lived to tell the tale!
Staff were friendly and we were made to feel welcome.
Only criticism is that it's a little expensive, but I would expect it's competitive for the area.