“30th Birthday Celebration”
other traveller has booked this property

Review of Lochside Cottage

Step from your door to Loch Tay
Set in stunning surrounds
The perfect holiday home
Just imagine!
A cosy Scottish retreat, with log fire
Pet friendly and located beside our new watersports centre
Dining with a view
Make yourself at home
New fully equipped kitchen
All the comforts of home .... with a loch view!
Lounge area with large 3D TV
And log fire
Master Bedroom with ensuite
a cosy retreat in the autumn and winter months
A bird's eye view of the new Lochside Cottage
Private Access
Onsite Watersports Centre and Restaurant
Hire a Katakanu for the while family
New Taymouth Marina Restaurant
Lochside dining
Book a Highland Safari during your stay
Neighbouring the Scottish Crannog Centre
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

David S
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“30th Birthday Celebration”
Reviewed 18 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016

This was a short stay for six of us as a birthday celebration for our oldest son's wife. The accommodation was very well presented and the bedrooms very well appointed and comfortable. My wife and I slept on the settee area which was also okay for the three nights we were there. The kitchen area worked well for us as we are all pretty good around each other and share the same or similar likes and dislikes in food and it's preparation. The hot tub was used every day and was a great hit with all of us. The booking and reception staff are brilliant. Very helpful indeed, particularly Julie. All in all I would highly recommend the Taymouth Marina. Fantastic.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The hot tub and the proximity to the lockside.
Liked least: The weather could have been better but you can't control that.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
20 Apr 2016
Many thanks for taking the time to review the facilities and your stay here at Taymouth Marina. We are delighted that you had an enjoybale celebration and really hope that we are able to welcome you back in the future.
Team at Taymouth Marina
Donald W
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Excellent cosy cottage”
Reviewed 30 December 2015 for a stay in December 2015

My Husband and I stayed in this wonderful cottage over the Christmas period for 5 days the views from inside and outside are tranquil to say the least we took our little dog fudge with us and he also adored it eating Christmas lunch or any lunch for that matter with the view that is is front of you is quite stunning and the lady in reception will quite literally run about for your comfort alothogh she just recently hurt her foot but she will still accomate what you want if anything , and to top it off a wee soak in the hot tub with the views of the snow on the hills I doubt you will fell any more relaxed one more note a small family of ducks will come on to your front lawn which adds to its beauty

Travelling group: Other
Management Response
30 Dec 2015
Many thanks for your kind words - I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in 2016.
Andycshan...
“Very relaxing”
Reviewed 5 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

Excellent place to stay and relax . Lots of positives however the only downside which I don't understand is the late check in at 4pm and the early check out of 10am . I have travelled all over the world across various levels and don't understand the 6 hour turnaround ! This needs to be rectified so in favour of the customer, if it's the norm for the region then surely this is an opportunity.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
austy136
Falkirk District, United Kingdom
“lovely spot for some comfortable cozy chilling.”
Reviewed 30 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015
person found this review helpful

Just returned from a few days staying at the cottage for my mothers birthday. It was on a fabulous spot if you love the water and lets face it who dosent. Massive hot tub which was lovely and warm to sit out on a chilly march night and watch the shooting stars. The living areas in the cottage are very comfortable and cozy the bathrooms were maybe not to my taste however they were very clean and with that being my only grumble I cant really complain. Will definitely be returning to the cottage, I was genuinely sad to leave 2 days just wasn't enough.

Mags6365
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
“Perfect Location”
Reviewed 21 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

I booked this cottage for myself and my family for 3 nights to celebrate my husbands 50th. The location alone was my reason. I don't think you'll find a better cottage so close to a loch with such stunning views. Sitting in the hot tub in the evening watching the sun set over the hills was amazing. The cottage has everything you need and the restaurant next door served good food at a reasonable price. It feels so secluded although you are right next to the marina. The few problems we had whilst there were dealt with quickly and efficiently in a professional manner. Cannot wait to go back.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing