See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 August 2014

while reading these reviews especially Jessica i was a little hesitant about staying at this place, but i decided to go anyway and I don't regret it at all! the Motel seems to be run by a nice family and the owners young son seems to be at the reception most of the time which makes me doubt some of the negative reviews written here I stayed in a room with double beds The rooms were a good size and the air conditioner worked well. i would have though liked a better view of the scenery as the rooms face just a parking lot (that wasn't a problem though) what i like the most were the bathrooms which seemed new and spotless.
I will definitely stay here again for the value and service.

Room Tip: ask for extra towels and hair dryer if you need one not in room but can be provided
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank mike g
Reviewed 6 August 2014

wow! i just didn't expect this the room was cheap for the quality i was getting the owners were friendly and were very helpful i stayed originally for 1 night but decided to stay for another two definitely worth it i will for sure repay a visit!

Room Tip: The rooms with two double beds are much bigger than the rooms with 1 bed
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank awaisos s
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We were looking for a clean but cheap place to live. The place exceeded our expectations! Good looking place, its renovated and clean! very good location as well! It is located on the highway 20 and very close to airport and downtown!

Room Tip: Ask for a non-smoking room!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Shahbaz C
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This place seems to be run by a nice small family. I was impressed by the cleanliness and even though it is on highway 20 with lots of traffic it was very quiet.

The young man at the reception was very nice and polite and had me with a room within five minutes. There are a few restaurants Dairy Queen and Smoke Meat Pete within walking distance.

Free Wi-Fi with very good signal.

The washroom although small has been renovated some time ago but is still very modern. Only real down side was the old CRT television but it still works very well.

The AC unit was extremely noisy which I forgot to mention when I left but it really needs to be replaced.

Included breakfast is the regular toast, cereals and coffee.

Over all I had a good night sleep and I wouldn't mind going back again next time I'm in that area.

Room Tip: I was in room 11 in what seems to be the newer part of the place compared to the other section in the far end of the parking. Any room in that section seems to be a good choice.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank tomden
Reviewed 5 September 2013

The name gives the impression as though it is the flagship motel of the city of Montreal, which itself, without doubt is a beautiful city.

Caution!! Not only are appearances deceptive (online pictures may have been taken years back), Motel names are too. The Motel Montreal is far from being a flagship. Sinking ship might be more appropriate.

We got our bookings online and arrived as intimated earlier, early in the morning, having paid for the previous night too. Using the calling bell outside, we woke up the reception gentleman (a lad in his 20s), who came down in his pajamas from his sleeping quarters upstairs, rubbing his eyes. He checked us in quickly and gave us the keys of a room kept ready for us. Our plan was to sleep the early morning hours, having driven up from Niagara, Ontario all through the night, and then do some sightseeing later in the day.

Entering the room we found that no furniture was in one piece, the curtains were missing hooks and hanging loose off the rods, the linen looked washed indeed but old and stained and had sundry hair lying around. The electric switches were loose and ready to pop out of the walls and the bathroom was worse than one in the bus station. We complained bitterly and were promptly provided another room which was just a shade better but having just seen the first one it felt like ‘heaven at hand’. Exhausted we went to sleep without further ado.

The small breakfast area is in front of the tiny reception behind which the owners live with their children. Complimentary breakfast is Bread with Butter or Jam, Tea or Coffee, period. The owner’s cute 3-year old (the one real bright spot), will oversee your meal with coy glances from the door.

The Motel comprises of 4 stray buildings with plenty of asphalt parking space between. 3 of the buildings are single floor and the one with the reception and owner’s living apartment has 2 floors. All with outside corridor. The next morning while we had time before checking out, the owner proudly offered to give me a tour of the property. I observed that the guest rooms in the 2 storey building are nicer, being somewhat upgraded. He promised to give us one of these rooms the next time. He apologized for the bad first room blaming it on his rookie reception guy. My honest opinion is, he is a nice guy, friendly, someone you might want to hang-out with. But not quite the Hotel-Pro.

The Motel, however, has a great location bang on the Auto-route 20 to Montreal some 7-8 Kms before the city, next to a Dairy Queen. Montreal, it seems, is having a construction boom and a lot of the big construction guys put up at the motel, keeping it busy. I can imagine that after a hard day’s work and couple beers and some loud banter, when they finally hit the sack, they are just oblivious to stuff around so it works for them. Not quite the place for Quiet families though.

Anyway the bright side is the Perot Island (Ile Perot) itself. Spare sometime to look around if you happen to be in the area. The waterfronts are picture-pretty.

Room Tip: Rooms in the 2 Storey building on the rear are better.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family