Thanks to Josh & Celeste, this is one of the best trips my fiancée and I have ever been on. Away from the touristy side of the island, this perfect getaway is literally at the end of the road and sets you up for instant success and relaxation. We were greeted by Theresa and her daughter who live nearby and take care of the property. We followed Theresa on her bicycle to the Green Room and we were immediately in heaven. Beautiful yard with fruit trees, a lush, majestic mountain backdrop, walkable access to the ocean and amazing snorkeling. The Villa itself is incredible. Comfortable and unique, there is a hammock waiting for you on the huge deck where we spent all of our evenings either reading, enjoying the sunset or watching a movie on a laptop. Absolutely serene. The beds are comfy as is the couch. The live tree in the middle of the villa is incredible and sets the mood for a wonderful getaway. We cooked up fresh ahi, spaghetti, yummy drinks and so many other great meals and snacks in the kitchen, all gathered from the local vendors just up the road. Highly recommend this once in a lifetime experience!!
I had one of the most amazing time in Tahiti, largely thanks to my stay at the Green Home Villa. We (my sister and brother in law) got to the entrance gate, were greeted by our neighbor, Theresa whom showed us our way to the house. As we pulled into the property, we were certainly mesmerized by the backdrop.....an unbelievable view of the mountains.
Here are some of the many reasons why the Green Room Villa is such an awesome place to stay:
1) It is situated at "the end of the road" (Teahupo'o) in Tahiti Iti. What does this mean? It's the furthest point which you could travel by car from the capital, Papeete. You really get to experience the culture being so far from the capital.
2) Everyone you meet in that area is extremely friendly! Expect to see lots of smiles, "la oranas" (hello), and waves around this part of town!
3) Great waves for surfing! If you're a surfer, you've probably heard of Teahupo'o waves and you don't want to miss this spot which is really close to the Green Home Villa. If you're like me and are not quite surfer level yet (or at all), get a boat taxi (there's one just walking distance - at the restaurant at the end of the road) to these waves and watch other people surf! I guarantee you'll be wowed.
4) Great snorkeling spots nearby. You don't have to get very far to find a great snorkeling spot. I'm not a great swimmer, so I didn't swim far out, but enjoyed having (almost) daily snorkeling sessions in fairly shallow waters.
5) Last but not least, Green Home Villa itself really has everything you need to make your stay in Tahiti a relaxing and memorable one. The hosts, Josh and Celeste provided us with everything we needed, along with local tips before we even arrived to make sure we fully experienced what Tahiti has to offer.
In terms of the place itself, everything was clean and the beds were comfortable. I even fell asleep on the hammock on the deck the very first day we arrived. There would always be "hammock time" for me everyday :)
There's also a fully functioning kitchen you could use - a plus for those of you who'd like to prepare meals at home to save some $$$.
Oh, and before I forget, there are several fruit trees in the property that you could literally just pluck and eat em fresh!
All in all, I highly recommend the Green Home Villa as it'll allow you to fully experience Tahiti in an unique way!
Green Room Villa -
I can't say enough about our experience in Tahiti. A group of our friends went this year in August for two weeks, we stayed at the Villa and had the trip of a lifetime.
The house is amazing. It's in the perfect location for a Teahupoo holiday. Josh was extremely helpful and welcoming. He made sure that all of our questions were answered and that our arrival and departure to the house was as easy as possible. He was very responsive and was always available.
Theresa and her daughter were wonderful. They met us at the gate and showed the house even though we flew in late. They made sure that we had everything and solved the Internet issue as soon as we had one. Really amazing people and so nice to have so close.
Really recommend this place for anyone who loves to be around an amazing culture and loves surfing.
My husband and I stayed at the Green Room over Christmas this year – what a lovely place! Secluded at the end of the road, but only a few minutes’ walk to beautiful snorkeling (and world class surfing), and easy driving distance to stores, sights, and additional beaches. The house has a large, shaded front deck (with hammock!) that overlooks the spacious yard (amazing fruit trees, yum!), and it was great to have a complete and very functional kitchen so we could cook our own meals in addition to sampling the nearby tasty restaurants (so much good fish!). With comfortable beds (complete with mosquito nets, although we didn’t need them), fans, hot showers, and open air living, it was the perfect mix of comfort and connection with tropical nature. We’ll definitely be back! An added bonus, the owner was very responsive (via email) when I had questions about the booking.
What a wonderful and serene stay at the Green Room Villa in Teahupo'o. Josh and Celeste are very gracious, accommodating hosts and this property gives you a true taste of Tahiti, from the papaya and lime trees dotting the garden, to the beautiful architecture including expansive deck and a thriving tree growing in the center of the house. The property is away from the hustle of Papeete but still accessible enough to a nearby shopping center and local snacks for food. The ability to stroll down the road to Teahupo'o for a surf is, well, pretty incredible too. I can't wait for the opportunity to go back and visit again!