2,800 results
All reviewsswim up barlanai roombeach bungalowturtle sanctuaryour honeymoonfrench polynesiafishdolphin centredolphin experienceambassador membershipmain buildingswim with the dolphinsmain beachwelcome drinkconcierge stafflocal restaurantssea cucumbers
Reviewed 13 August 2015

We stayed for a few days. The concierge was very helpful. The atmosphere was relaxed and the premises were lovely. The sun was intense. Despite 50 spf I had a terrible sunburn. The snorkeling trip was nice but there were few fish.

Room Tip: over water bungalows are lovely
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
Jean H, General Manager at InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2015

Ia Orana from Moorea!
Thank you for your wonderful comment and your stay at our Hotel.
It is with pleasure that I will pass your compliments to the entire staff and especially our Conciergerie.
Hopefully see you again one day.
Kind sunny regards,

Reviewed 13 August 2015

Let me first off start by saying, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the Intercontinental Hotel in Moorea. My wife and I had a lovely time. It may have been that our expectations were a little high. We were not disappointed but maybe expected a little more. We would recommend the hotel but read on.

Knowing we would be arriving early in the morning, we were paying for 4 nights and getting the 5th free. We would be moving to Bora Bora later on so we used the 5th night for an early arrival. We arrived at the hotel at 8 am after traveling all day and all night. Lo and behold, our room was ready at arrival. The check-in process was very smooth and easy. They had fresh juice and cool towels while you handle the paperwork, and not at the counter. You sit and relax while you do it which was a very nice touch. We were able to check in, get cleaned up and still go for breakfast. I’m sure some people would complain about breakfast, the eggs too runny or not this or not that. I found it a very nice breakfast with fresh coffee, fresh juice and fruit and pastries is all I need. They will make pancakes and omelets to order, if you are so inclined.

The grounds were really well manicured and beautiful. We took a walk our first day just to see where everything was. We were in 607 which was over the water facing the west. It was beautiful for sunsets. The decks with two lounge chairs, and a table with two chairs were fantastic. Nice to have on our private terrace over looking the water. Just know when they say over-the-water, it’s just the deck that is over-the-water not the whole bungalow. Course my wife and I said so what cause we could go off the ladder right into the water.

One thing they could do is trim the thatch on the deck a little shorter. I scraped my head on it more than a dozen times. It didn’t hurt at all, it wasn’t sharp, but being pretty bald, yikes.

You also have to watch out for sea snakes. There are a bunch of them. They are very, very timid. You ignore them, they’ll ignore you. They just lay on the bottom and do nothing. Think of them like sea urchins, don’t step on one and you’re fine. The snorkeling is so-so but if you want to really see some good fish, you need to go to the coral by the bridge at bungalow 608 right next to us. That gap area has a lot of great coral with a ton of fish. Probably the best spot for snorkeling on the grounds.

The pools were on the cool side but that didn’t matter since we spent most of our time in the ocean which was comfortable. We also never felt rushed in the morning to run outside and get chairs under a palm umbrella. The resort never seems THAT busy so that you can’t get something you want. We would have breakfast and were able to find one each time we went down there. When we didn’t want to be on the beach area, we could just be on the lounge chairs on our deck which were actually more comfortable.

We thought the rooms were spacious as we had a large sitting area inside, bedroom and bathroom. Bathroom was decent size as well with a double sink. The shower is in the corner next to the tub and just open which was also nice. The room was in fairly good shape and we were quite comfortable. Sure there are some scratches on the floor here and there from wear and tear but nothing that was outrageously worn.

The pool bar restaurant was nice, again pricey cause of hotel and island, but not bad. It had a nice mixture of items.

We did do the romantic beach dinner for two. The dinner was exquisite with sea scallops with caviar as an appetizer, lamb and fish for entrees and the dessert was this HUGE I mean HUGE chocolate mousse cake we took back to our room and ate for 4 days and still didn’t finish it.

They also have a Polynesian buffet dinner on the beach several nights with a show. The buffet was very good. Most of the show was so-so but the fire dancers were interesting. The show is a little corny at times playing too much to “tourists” as opposed to doing the show. I would recommend it for the dinner alone.

We also did a couples massage at the Helene Spa which was wonderful but very pricey.

I also want to mention that the staff was very attentive and good. We had no problems with any service at the hotel.

Overall, we had a very good experience at the Intercontinental. The only reason I wouldn’t give it excellent is the money that you’re paying for the over-the-water bungalow and such, you do expect a bit more. I will still stay here again. As compared to the Hilton, the Intercontinental seemed nicer and had a little more protection from the winds. It looked like the Hilton at times was getting buffered with a lot of wind. Yes, there is wind at the Intercontinental for a while most evenings it gets pretty breezy for a bit. It can be breezy during the day as well.

Room Tip: 607 had a great view of sunsets from the deck, but quite a bit of sea snakes on the bottom but do nothing.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hobbesey

Ia Orana from Moorea!
I would like to sincerely thank you for taking the time to write to me regarding your stay at our Hotel.
It was a pleasure to welcome you to our small piece of Paradise and we are delighted to hear you have brought home with you such special memories.
We hope to see you back one day.
With my best regards,

Reviewed 12 August 2015

We ran from the Hilton Moorea and moved to the Intercontinental, which was a bit better but not much. The premises are great but the villas and rooms in great need of some renovation.

The restaurant we tried one night but was kind of bad, so we stuck with the beach bar and had our lunch as well as dinner there. Benjamin head bartender of the Moorea Intercontinental made our days with his wonderful and kind service.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank OurCoolFamilyofSix
Jean H, General Manager at InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2015

Ia Orana from Moorea!
I would like to thank you for your review and for your visit.
I am sorry to see that some aspects of your stay met your expectations.
I have passed along your message to Benjamin who also thanks you for your encouraging comment. All our staff puts great efforts in serving our valued customers and it is always a good feeling to see that we are able to make a difference.
With my best regards,

Reviewed 12 August 2015 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights as the first part of our honeymoon. The resort is lovely and we were glad to have hired a car as its a long way to the main hub on Moorea. The pool and beach are gorgeous and the dolphins a must see!
We ate at the restaurant across the road one night - Cocos - food was amazing and on par price-wise to the hotel restaurant.
The cocktails are awesome - be sure to go for happy hour! We also loved the live music in the bar on the Tuesday evening we were there.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carlz33

Ia Orana from Moorea!
Thank you for your wonderful comment.
I am always very encouraged to learn first hand from our valued guests of their experiences whilst staying at our Hotel. Your very appreciative comments are being shared with our entire team.
Thanks again for your encouragement and we look forward to welcoming you back to Moorea.
Kind sunny regards,

Reviewed 11 August 2015 via mobile

Stayed in an beach bungalow with my wife for our honeymoon. Ther staff was always happy and friendly could not flaw them. The resort had great amenities and location to everything. I loved the white bread rolls its like their unlimited you get them all the time. The dolphin centre was awsome.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Jean H, General Manager at InterContinental Moorea Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2015

Dear Serge,
Ia Orana from Moorea!
Thank you for your beautiful comment and your stay at our Hotel.
It is always encouraging to hear that my staff is meeting expectations and I hope that you will keep memories of your visit to Moorea forever and ever.
Come back soon for another celebration!
With my warm regards,